What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I would’ve loved another series but it still works great as a stand-alone. Same with Cameron Crowe’s Roadies

I liked roadies as well. Almost famous is one of my all time favorite desert island movies. I kind of like when Crowe dips into his love of music

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

I liked roadies as well. Almost famous is one of my all time favorite desert island movies. I kind of like when Crowe dips into his love of music

I finally saw the director's cut of Almost Famous (The Bootleg Cut) earlier this year and I loved it even more.  There's maybe 20-30 mins of extra footage that really fleshes out the story (William interviewing the band members, William talking to Penny etc and a hilarious radio interview with the band by Kyle Gass).  The movie works fine without them but for fans who really love the movie, these additional scenes really enhance the film imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I finally saw the director's cut of Almost Famous (The Bootleg Cut) earlier this year and I loved it even more.  There's maybe 20-30 mins of extra footage that really fleshes out the story (William interviewing the band members, William talking to Penny etc and a hilarious radio interview with the band by Kyle Gass).  The movie works fine without them but for fans who really love the movie, these additional scenes really enhance the film imo.

Yep, I loved it as well. I get why they cut it down for mass market appeal, but if you love the movie, that additional time is just awesome. 

• Like 1

dopesick

Do yourself a favor and watch this show. I was on the front lines of the fentanyl epidemic in 2016. I’ve never seen or experienced anything like that in my life. 
But I had no idea of OxyContin’s story, and how it wrecked so many lives just years earlier. It’s tragic, and shows one of the most disgusting and evil episodes in our history.

13 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

dopesick

Do yourself a favor and watch this show. I was on the front lines of the fentanyl epidemic in 2016. I’ve never seen or experienced anything like that in my life. 
But I had no idea of OxyContin’s story, and how it wrecked so many lives just years earlier. It’s tragic, and shows one of the most disgusting and evil episodes in our history.

I can't remember what it was called but I watched a documentary on the OxyContin story about the doctor in, I believe, Louisiana that set up a one stop shop for anyone that wanted it. Started with a story about some kid dying from an OD and the dad pushed for the investigation.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I can't remember what it was called but I watched a documentary on the OxyContin story about the doctor in, I believe, Louisiana that set up a one stop shop for anyone that wanted it. Started with a story about some kid dying from an OD and the dad pushed for the investigation.

Yes sir, those places were across this country I guess. Every parent’s worst nightmare I’d imagine. If u can, watch dopesick. 

The fentanyl thing was worse where I live and work though I think. 

• Like 1

Finally finished The Sopranos again for the first time since 2015. Absolutely brilliant series. Stephen King called Walter White the biggest villain in movie/show history but Tony Soprano is up there too. It’s funny how you have to root for both of them despite being clearly a bad person. I think his most monstrous decisions were killing Christopher and Ralphie probably, as neither were extremely necessary despite Chris being an addict that could’ve ended up ending his own daughter and Ralphie just being an annoying prick. Also Tony being emotionless (and I guess everyone in every mob family) when anyone died was kinda jarring, although it might be because they understand the hazards of the job.  Meadow turned out really well despite what she was raised by but AJ was a disappointment and probably one of the more annoying characters in tv history. Also wasn’t a very good actor but they cast him when he was young based on looking like Tony. Carmela was a great character, I think I’ll always think of her sprinting up the stairs as fast as she can go when she got upset and the one line zingers she had the entire show. She literally had the best jokes lol. My first time watching the show I hated Paulie but he was much more enjoyable now for some reason. He was very very annoying at points but that was the point. Silvio was one of the more annoying characters at times but his probable death at the end wasn’t fun to watch. He was Tony’s right hand man, but I guess based on Carlo flipping, he and Tony were f’ed anyway. Speaking of, the ambiguous ending was left as such so the viewer could decide for themself. I think the scene was painted deliberately to be tense as if he was about to get got, but I don’t think that’s what happened. The loose ends were dealt with. Tony survived and went to prison. Chris’ disposition in the beginning of the movie flaming on Tony is kinda dumb cause he was suffocating on his own blood anyway and if Tony had been incapacitated he would’ve died, and the fault there would’ve been on his own drug use and bad driving then. I think Tony killing him there was like taking out an animal with a severely broken leg, just putting them out of their misery and I wouldn’t say it’s a much worse action than Walter White letting Jesse Pinkman’s gf die. 

Edited by Ty21