What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Started The Newsroom last night. Good God, why did it take me over 10 years? This show is amazing. 

I have never even heard of it and looked it up after I saw your post.. Looks interesting and I am going to check it out.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Started The Newsroom last night. Good God, why did it take me over 10 years? This show is amazing. 

Really only the first season imo.  The other two are fine, but kind of meh. The pilot is an all time great pilot though

40 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Definitely wasn't expecting Succession to be the type of show it is through two episodes. Is it always a... I dunno, satire? Is that the right type of comedy?

Kinda sorta, but the subject matrer is taken seriously too.

Its good storytelling and the humor is the icing on the cake, but its not the primary focus

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Kinda sorta, but the subject matrer is taken seriously too.

Its good storytelling and the humor is the icing on the cake, but its not the primary focus

That's good to know. I like the story so far but the humor misses a lot of the times and some characters are so annoying and terrible but at times, the humor is great! I'll definitely continue watching but it also caught me very off guard. 

IMO Succession is absolutely better when Greg and Tom aren't on the screen. Feels like the show tries to force too much "stupid" comedy down your throats when they're present, at least in the first 6 episodes. The story is very good but they are awful.

41 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

IMO Succession is absolutely better when Greg and Tom aren't on the screen. Feels like the show tries to force too much "stupid" comedy down your throats when they're present, at least in the first 6 episodes. The story is very good but they are awful.

I never liked Greg, but I seem to be in the minority on that. That said, I am a HUGE Tom fan, and if you're only 6 episodes in I think you'll grow to like him more. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I never liked Greg, but I seem to be in the minority on that. That said, I am a HUGE Tom fan, and if you're only 6 episodes in I think you'll grow to like him more. 

Hope you're right. Him proposing in the hospital was just beyond stupid and he has yet to recover lol. The dinner scene where him and Greg put the towels over their heads was just so out of place for what I like about this show and just keeps pushing their characters in the wrong direction. Everyone else is good for the most part though

On 7/18/2023 at 6:39 PM, thrILL! said:

Aaron Sorkin is a freaking legend. 🐐 

For sure. His script for The Newsroom created the most cringeworthy and unintentionally funny tv moment of all time.

Put Doris Wilson's "Big Flame" at the end of this clip and it is an ITYSL sketch.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, vegas492 said:

For my viewing list of the future....

I know I have to watch Breaking Bad.  No doubt.

But...I'm curious, how about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?  I've never seen it.  

I've tried breaking bad several times and never made it past 5 or 6 episodes. It feels almost like a Weeds rip off.  Except none of the characters are likeable or really even interesting. Don't even feel bad for Walt, he had outs besides slinging meth

now, Sunny is an outstanding show.. the season that is running currently has been knocking it out of the park every week.. but you definitely want to start from the beginning 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

Just started Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Am a big Seinfeld the show fan so I’m not sure why it took me so long to get to this. That being said I find Jim Carrey’s personality to be so obnoxious. I know that’s his schtick but I don’t find it funny despite liking most of his movies.

• Like 1