Week 6 -- 5 Downs (No ups this week)

Bucketheadsdad

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

OBJ per statistics leads or is second in getting open in the NFL

I get that, and I’m not saying it’s even his fault alone, but he and Baker don’t work.

And for all the getting open, he’s still shrinking in big situations when the ball is thrown his way and thrown well.

I just feel like those two are square peg, round hole and it’s never gonna change.

Up:

DPJ - This guy is a future stud who is physical and attacks the ball blocks well, yet we find a way not to incorporate him or over look him for the new shiny toy (Schwartz)

Defensive line - I thought they did pretty well against Murray keeping him contained, Clowney has constantly been a difference maker all season. Also any big runs were because they out schemed us.

Down:

Stefanski - He has looked terrible the last two games, him deciding to go 5 wide with both starting tackles out is one of the dumbest decisions I've seen from a Browns coach in the last 10 years and deserves criticism. We had the #1 running team in the NFL and could have easily came up with a condensed gameplan for at least this game, their run defense was not that good IIRC. Also him constantly going for it on 4th down when we probably have one of the the best young kicker in the NFL and a struggling QB

Baker - He is falling a part right in front of our eyes, he is what he is at this point. He is doesn't have that same zest or confidence he had when he came in the Jets game his rookie season.

Joe Woods - I think he has a good concept in theory to his defense but I think his achilles is attention to detail, his only hope moving forward is to try to somehow bring in Wade Phillips as a special consultant. An old veteran like Jim Schwartz or Spagnuolo would easily have a top 5 defense with the names we have on defense, hell Gregg Williams could have done better. Not ready for the big stage as a coordinator . I put all criticisms about individual players on Woods

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, and I’m not saying it’s even his fault alone, but he and Baker don’t work.

And for all the getting open, he’s still shrinking in big situations when the ball is thrown his way and thrown well.

I just feel like those two are square peg, round hole and it’s never gonna change.

season 3 bitf GIF by Ball in the Family

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I got to give credit to Stefanski, he knew going down 20 would open up the run game

Man, dude wins coach of the year last season, gets us to the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 years, first playoff win in over 25 and starts the following year 3-3 and now he’s a punchline.

Tough crowd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, dude wins coach of the year last season, gets us to the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 years, first playoff win in over 25 and starts the following year 3-3 and now he’s a punchline.

Tough crowd.

*Weighing whether or not to make a Stefanski is an offensive genius who is handcuffed by Baker Mayfield joke or not...*

• Like 1

No excuses, but I can at least give the O a pass because they've been largely good.  Missing both tackles makes the play caller's job pretty tough. Throw in no Chuub, no Landry, banged up Hunt, banged up Baker, and you got yourselves a bad performance.

The WAY more concerning thing is the defense. We were completely healthy yesterday, and we got schooled. Again. I still think they can figure it out, but the weeks are wasting away...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tough crowd.

I don't see anything wrong with making fun of a bad gameplan

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

wut

But shout out to Myles and Jadeveon for competing every week.

In fairness there were multiple plays we know about where he got separation but just wasn’t seen. Perhaps what we saw only eclipsed the surface of him open all day? Between Baker and the OL it just didn’t show. And maybe it’s good for his grade, because if there was a chance for him to get the ball, he’d probably have dropped it anyhow.