Week 7 GDT - Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: The revenge of Jimmy G

J-ALL-DAY

So was the playbook extended to the point that Aiyuk forgot the playbook? How was this not an issue last season? If he is indeed running wrong routes, I wonder if he has something going on in his personal life that is impacting his play? He was the best offensive player to start training camp and now all of a sudden can't run routes and is missing assignments? Um…. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So was the playbook extended to the point that Aiyuk forgot the playbook? How was this not an issue last season? If he is indeed running wrong routes, I wonder if he has something going on in his personal life that is impacting his play? He was the best offensive player to start training camp and now all of a sudden can't run routes and is missing assignments? Um…. 

He kind of had to play last year. Wouldn't surprise me if he was doing the same last year and we just didn't feel comfortable with anyone else or we gave him more room for error because he was a rookie

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

He kind of had to play last year. Wouldn't surprise me if he was doing the same last year and we just didn't feel comfortable with anyone else or we gave him more room for error because he was a rookie

Kind of hard to believe tbh, unless he's asked to do different things this season. Something else is going on. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure why it would be hard to believe. 

We didn't hear none of this last year and if it was happening, was he producing by doing things on his own? Was he running his own routes like Ocho did at times? 

Again, hard to believe unless he is asked to do different things or if he just may not be there mentally. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We didn't hear none of this last year and if it was happening, was he producing by doing things on his own? Was he running his own routes like Ocho did at times? 

Again, hard to believe unless he is asked to do different things or if he just may not be there mentally. 

I do believe that he would be capable of doing what he did just based on natural talent, especially given that mullens was basically just force feeding him the ball. 

There are times and situations where errors like that aren't blown up. Not sure it's the case, but I'm not going to assume that there's something else going on either.

At some point though, you have to wonder what's going on with this staff

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/martellus-bennett-rips-jimmy-garoppolo-while-discussing-2016-patriots

"Bro, we lost two games (without Brady)," Bennett told the McCourtys. "One of them was because Jimmy Garoppolo was being a b----. He decided not to play right before the game. Jacoby (Brissett) came out and played with a f---ed up thumb and played his heart out, but Jimmy was just being a b---- about it all.

"That's why he ... you can't win with a b---- for a quarterback, first of all. That was the whole thing with him: He didn't want to come out and do anything because his agent was trying to protect his body or some s--- like that. Which, I can't fault him for that. But like, you should have made that decision on Thursday. Now it's Sunday.

Not taking Martellus Bennetts word as gospel, but this is an eerily similar situation to what happened against the seahawks this year. JG gets STEPPED ON, goes through the whole halftime without saying hes out, coaches make halftime adjustments etc not knowing hes out until the last second. Its probably partly why Trey looked so bad on the first series or two. Thrust into the fire at the last second is an understatement. 

Meanwhile, Kittle out here playing hurt, wouldnt even let the trainers look at him, but JG gets stepped on, feeling a little pain? "nah, im good"

That would totally p!ss me off if I was a player or a coach. JG got paid, and has never been the guy we thought he was in 2017. After the SB, players had to work out on their own. JG regressed. To me, that shows where his priorities are

I am trying to prepare myself for the 2+ dumb fumbles/interceptions hes going to have on Sunday, but its not going well. lol. 

• Like 1

Bennett, the guy who was labeled a quitter by his teammates on the Packers is credible? :)

We have no idea as to how the events in regards to Jimmy's injury transpired in the locker room. Or what was said. Or how his injury felt/progressed, let alone what's inside his head or the coaches for that matter. Oof here we go again? I guess it's that time for character assassination because a player isn't performing up to par in addition to the losses starting to pile up. Just like with Colin K and the "spend more time on film/less on abs" rhetoric, which conveniently was never a thing when the team was winning, but was when the team was losing. And players worked out on their own after the Super Bowl...which was also when COVID-19 came to town and everything was nutty???

I get it. It's frustrating that our highly paid prized fighter didn't work out. It sucks to see him having seizures in the pocket or throwing ducks into coverage when he looked so promising before. But I don't see what there is to gain by grasping at straws in an attempt to deduce that Jimmy was a selfish prick all along, and we're all victims for believing in him in the first place. It didn't work out, and no one is to blame. He looked good at first, but then fell off. It's that simple. Trey Lance is the future, and what that regardless of how this season pans out potentially provides daylight at the end of the tunnel. 

I mean, hey, you (the greater you) are a fan, and entitled to behave however you want to, but maybe try to remember when it comes to pointing fingers at players/coaches...

Top 30 La Extrano GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe