Halloween GT- Niners v. Bears

beardown3231

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Sorry Fields looked ok, had some good moments and that is all. Whether it’s on him or those around him, others can argue that. 

Mike White of the Jets put up 400 yards passing and three TDs, the Baers have many deep problems that aren’t going to get fixed anytime soon. 

Can Mike White do that for the rest is his career? Who cares about Mike White.

We wanted to see flashes we got them. Let’s see if he can build on these games. The outcome is totally irrelevant, the only thing that matters is if Fields is the guy.

Today he looked the part.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Can Mike White do that for the rest is his career? Who cares about Mike White.

We wanted to see flashes we got them. Let’s see if he can build on these games. The outcome is totally irrelevant, the only thing that matters is if Fields is the guy.

Today he looked the part.

The point was that the Jets coaches can have a nobody have a career day where as the Baers coaches continue to suck year after year. The outcome isn’t changing anytime soon. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching the game...

Fields did everything he could have today given the offence he is being asked to play in...he was throwing on time on time and accurately for the vast majority of the game and had a few drops in there as well...his TD was a thing of beauty and even the over throw where he drove the ball beyond Mooney showed just how strong his arm is...I have no issue with the INT...kid is trying to make a play when we are down two scores with two minutes left in the game...hits Mooney in the hands but just a little high and contested but you have to give it a shot there...the progression today was really impressive and he is starting to look like the leader out there.

Herbert as usual was a real force in the running attack up until he went to the locker room...when he came back out it was pretty clear he wasn't 100%...hopefully he is healthy for the Steelers game.

Mooney continues to look like he could be a solid #2 receiver for Fields as they seem to have some chemistry but we badly need a #1 for him...Robinson right now is phoning it in as badly as any player I have ever seen...he offers us nothing right now and if we could trade him as much for the cap relief as anything right now I would before Tuesday's deadline...Kmet & James need to be used more in the passing game over the middle since we still refuse to use slants.

The OL is still a manager concern...both guards seems to have forgotten how to play mistake free football...Peters is good for 1 or 2 blown assignments or bone headed moves per game...Mustipher is a gate when up against any kind of strength...fair play to Borom who at least didn't stand out as a negative after being out for six weeks...a few more starts under his belt and he can be a piece of the puzzle up front...now we just need Jenkins back after the bye as well and hopefully that will make an impact as well.

Anyone still want to question my concern over Desai? No point getting into breaking down the defence...everyone played poorly and looked completely clueless of how to stop Shanahan's offence...might as well chalk up two loses to the Vikings this year because they play the same offence with more talent...the defensive coaching staff were badly exposed for their preparations & adjustments and it is clear yet again that the entire staff on both sides of the balls have to go this offseason.

• Like 3

I thought Fields played pretty good.  Got good experience today.

49ers playing their vet qb aren’t moving forward.   

D kinda broke down after they gave up the big play and the damn broke.  

The w or l doesn’t really matter.  Just development of qb which was a plus today.

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

The point was that the Jets coaches can have a nobody have a career day where as the Baers coaches continue to suck year after year. The outcome isn’t changing anytime soon. 

Well I don’t think the Jets coaching staff did anything to prep Mike White. Why didn’t Zach perform well with these great coaches?

No disagreement about the bears coaching staff, they suck.

31 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Well I don’t think the Jets coaching staff did anything to prep Mike White. Why didn’t Zach perform well with these great coaches?

No disagreement about the bears coaching staff, they suck.

They are still out performing the Baers offensively overall, so they absolutely are prepping their players better. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Even if EJack hasn't been the same he is still 10x better than DHC.

I doubt Jackson properly reads this play. Nor do I think he catches Samuel from behind. If, by some miracle, Jackson does get there...he misses the tackle. 

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Even if EJack hasn't been the same he is still 10x better than DHC.

Eddie is a very questionable tackler but he's also pretty decent in coverage.  Garoppolo was definitely exploiting the middle of the field more after Jackson left the game.

On another note I think DHC is actually pretty good. I'd rather him start over Tashaun Gipson

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Tashaun and DHC are both better than Eddie Jackson. 

No they aren't dude...everyone can see Jackson isn't the elite playmaker he was but he is still one of the better starting free safeties in football...it's way too much of an overreaction to say either of these guys are even close to his level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No they aren't dude...everyone can see Jackson isn't the elite playmaker he was but he is still one of the better starting free safeties in football...it's way too much of an overreaction to say either of these guys are even close to his level. 

Jackson was an "elite playmaker" for part of one season. 

But, whatever. I'm not going to get into this. My opinion on this matter is well known. Jackson wouldn't be starting for most teams. He simply isn't good. 

I'd welcome anyone providing me video evidence that suggests otherwise.