JJ Watt likely out for season with shoulder injury

DirtyDez

13 hours ago, mse326 said:

He did more in those 5 years than most hall of famers have done in their career. This is a terrible take

there are a lot of guys not in the HOF who IMO did more (or for the sensitive guys - not less?) than poster boy JJ Watt. and a lot of guys who are argued their short peak hinders their entry.

w/e, he no doubt will get in first ballot being a media darling and american poster boy. sorry to believe maybe guys like Strahan, Haley, Marshall have a good argument before him.

6 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

there are a lot of guys not in the HOF who IMO did more (or for the sensitive guys - not less?) than poster boy JJ Watt. and a lot of guys who are argued their short peak hinders their entry.

w/e, he no doubt will get in first ballot being a media darling and american poster boy. sorry to believe maybe guys like Strahan, Haley, Marshall have a good argument before him.

They don't have an argument.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Who are they?  I can't think of anyone, but could definitely just be slipping my mind.  Strahan and Haley are already in.  By the same, semi-related, token I think Aaron Donald is a Hall of Famer right now.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Who are they?  I can't think of anyone, but could definitely just be slipping my mind.  Strahan and Haley are already in.  By the same, semi-related, token I think Aaron Donald is a Hall of Famer right now.  

I don't know, man...pretty hot take there.

12 hours ago, berlin calling said:

It keeps getting worse. Strahan and Haley are already in so not sure what you are saying here. And the only thing Marshall can say is he played much longer so racked up some more sacks. He is zero argument from any accolades standpoint. And doesn't really from a stat standpoint either. Watt has 4 seasons with more sacks than Marshall's best year. 

The short peak guys argument is when they have the dominant peak but career numbers are low. Their peak seasons, and most time accolades, don't match other HoF players whole careers. That isn't true for Watt. He has over 100 sacks. He has 5 1st team all pros. He has THREE DPOYs.

You are free to believe what you want, just know that you are very very wrong

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, berlin calling said:

sorry to believe maybe guys like Strahan, Haley, Marshall have a good argument before him.

The more you speak, the more ignorance you put on display. Strahan and Haley are in the HoF.

JJ Watt absolutely has a case over Jim Marshall. As in, the mere thought that someone would suggest Marshall over Watt is ludicrous at best - Marshall has the consecutive games streak, but was never first team All Pro and only has two Pro Bowl nods in a near 20 game career. (Watt exceeds those marks by year four, for the record).

I get you want to be contrarian (because a hot take is so cool) but Google a bit before you put this poor effort on display.

Tks.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:31 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So you think JJ Watt and Aaron Donald, clearly two of the greatest DL's ever to play the game, have yet to qualify as HoF level players.

These are the takes I am here for.

I think the complete opposite of that lol.  I think you’re confusing me with someone else.   They're both currently HoF'ers, imo.   I don't need to see them compile career sack numbers, beyond where they currently are, to feel that way.  Their peaks get them in.

Edited by OkeyDoke21