JJ Watt likely out for season with shoulder injury

DirtyDez

On 10/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, DirtyDez said:

-

evraxlrxeacar3o-13.jpg

It wouldn't be the first time Watt overcame what would have been a season ending injury to play in a playoff game - he tore his pec in 2019, but came back for the playoffs vs Buffalo.

His sack on Josh Allen started the 16 point comeback by the Texans that day, so it wasn't just some Willis Reid appearance - Watt impacted the game in a big way. The following week, you saw Watt wasn't conditioned enough, chasing after Pat Mahomes in the eventual loss to KC that year; Watt gave it his all, but he didn't have anything left in the tank.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Him and donald are the best ever interior guys for me.

Think Watt is even better than Donald, prime wise. He played inside and outside. Legit unstoppable player against the run and pass. Donald has lot of games where he just disappears, Watt was insanely consistent game to game. It pains me that he was a Texan for so long, cause the dude is a legend.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:38 PM, ET80 said:

It wouldn't be the first time Watt overcame what would have been a season ending injury to play in a playoff game - he tore his pec in 2019, but came back for the playoffs vs Buffalo.

Goodness... I'm good at this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I can't believe its only been 2 years since that Buffalo comeback.

This town loved the Texans at that point. Its amazing how much BOB, McNair, and Easterby have done to destroy a proud franchise.

I think we can both agree the franchise was never proud - the fans dug in for them despite this, but this incompetency isn't new to the Texans.

It'll be a long time before cheeks are back in seats...