Titans RB Derrick Henry suffers potential season-ending foot injury

RaidersAreOne

I don't want to be extra negative, but I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Henry as an elite runner. There is obviously a lengthy history of guys quickly falling off the cliff after the first major injury following a historic stretch of Henry's level of usage. I truly hope this is just a freak thing that can happen to any NFL player and Henry is able to bounce back, get healthy, and continue to be the dominant player he has been. Truly. Henry is one of my very favorite non Raiders in the NFL and I absolutely love to watch him play. 

I feel for Titans fans. I remember how heart broken I was to see Carr go down on Christmas eve week 16 again the Colts in 2016 when it very much felt like it could be our year to do something special with the momentum we had and Carr playing as well as he was. I imagine it's very much a similar feeling throughout the Titans fanbase. I have been one of Tannehills biggest supporters since he got to Tennessee as well and I do believe that Tannehill, Brown (who I also absolutely love and had him listed on all my lists about breakout to elite status players prior to the season) and Julio can shift to become the primary offensive focus and still be very successful. Although there will obviously be an adjustment period. 

Get healthy Henry and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the field. If anyone can bounce back and continue to be an all time type of player at RB at his age and workload it's a freak of nature like Henry. 

Edited by Mr Raider

Damn that sucks. He was having another banner year, and could have had back to back 2k rushing seasons. I feel like he's the one running back in the NFL that everyone will tune in to see play. Hopefully he can come back strong whenever that is. Like someone else eluded to, Tannehill will really have to prove his worth now. I get the feeling he'll still play decent ball, and the Titans might have enough in the tank to get the division crown in the lackluster AFC South. Still, that's a blow. Too bad NFL players can't just pop a senzu and heal up right quick. :(

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I feel like there's a little optimistic voice in my head saying that Henry pulls an AP x10 and managed to return this year because he's that much of a freak. 

Here's to hoping.

Bone breaks are different than ligament tears though - it's all about setting the bone (by itself or with a plate, screws, etc) and letting the bone calcify into place. It's less labor intensive (not as great a need for rehab to strengthen supporting muscles) but there is no rushing a calcification process, I think.

IF Henry is able to get the bone set and calcified faster than expected, that's evidence he's not human and the league should fine the Titans $1,000,000,000 for not telling anyone they found an alien.