Titans RB Derrick Henry suffers potential season-ending foot injury

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, AirMcNair said:

Do we have some more modern examples of players who've come back to shine after that?

At RB? No. But, I remember guys like Steve Smith and Terrell Suggs coming back and playing very well post injury (and both guys were in their later 30s when they did it...)

Suggs (2015) eventually came back and posted 8 sacks post injury, 11 sacks two years later at 35. (Edit - Suggs tore it in 2012 as well, came back and racked up 22 sacks over the next two seasons. Incredible...)

Smitty (2015) tore his at 36, came back and posted close to 800 yards at 37.

So, it's doable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

At RB? No. But, I remember guys like Steve Smith and Terrell Suggs coming back and playing very well post injury (and both guys were in their later 30s when they did it...)

Suggs (2015) eventually came back and posted 8 sacks post injury, 11 sacks two years later at 35.

Smitty (2015) tore his at 36, came back and posted close to 800 yards at 37.

So, it's doable.

Jimmy Smith as well for the Ravens.

• Like 1

My buddy and I have a bet of 500$ we’re both going on Sunday lol. We had lost Akers and I said the bet was still on,

only way it’s voided if our QBs weren’t playing. Sucks for him that Henry is everything lol. This was before the season too.. We even signed a contract lol. Would y’all let him off the hook or nah? 

23 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

My buddy and I have a bet of 500$ we’re both going on Sunday lol. We had lost Akers and I said the bet was still on,

only way it’s voided if our QBs weren’t playing. Sucks for him that Henry is everything lol. This was before the season too.. We even signed a contract lol. Would y’all let him off the hook or nah? 

Only if you think he would do the same if the roles were reversed. 

• Like 2

Devastating news. He felt like a lock to win his 3rd straight rushing title and put up an all time 3 year run. 

Any foot injury to a guy his size makes your mind instantly go to a dark place but let’s hope he makes a true recovery and comes back stronger in 2022 due to not having to get tackled another 200+ times.

Off-topic, but they need to start to manage Henry's touches better going forward. Like in the KC game, he had 29 carries, but 10 of them were completely unnecessary given the lead. I know he is a workhorse, but 28-30 carries a game is going to catch up to anyone.  

Edited by game3525
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Off-topic, but they need to start to manage Henry's touches better going forward. Like in the KC game, he had 29 carries, but 10 of them were completely unnecessary given the lead. I know he is a workhorse, but 28-30 carries a game is going to catch up to anyone.  

it's absolutely true. he can carry a heavy load and we have force-fed him at times but this is the first season where i felt like we were completely overdoing it every single week. just totally ridiculous.

• Like 1