Leonardo Decaprio should play as Tom Brady in a TB movie.

mdonnelly21

I always thought the actor that closest resembles TB would be Decaprio. I could also picture him playing Brady to a T as well and would be a sick movie. 

Everything from the first 3 SB's, to the 2007 18-1 team, to the Giants losses, to leaving New England and winning a SB with Tampa, to reuiniting with AB...

I mean the list goes on and almost feel like there could be two movies one for each half of his career. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I always thought the actor that closest resembles TB would be Decaprio. I could also picture him playing Brady to a T as well and would be a sick movie. 

Everything from the first 3 SB's, to the 2007 18-1 team, to the Giants losses, to leaving New England and winning a SB with Tampa, to reuiniting with AB...

I mean the list goes on and almost feel like there could be two movies one for each half of his career. 

Jack Black as Bill Belichick?  He could make BB into less of a villain.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Tosh.O should

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I could also picture him playing Brady to a T as well and would be a sick movie.

What would be 'sick' about it?

There's a reason you don't see many movies about popular sports figures. The drama surrounding them in real life is already better, established, known, and extensively covered. The few movies of that genre that do work usually cover train wrecks and/or figures with polarized historical significance outside of their sport. Brady doesn't really fit the criteria. The Documentary/Docu-Series world has a strangle hold on non fiction pieces involving sports because that's what the public wants. What would the movie possibly be? Matt Damon made to look younger with that De-aging effect stuff, throwing dopey limp passes and trying to convey through his awful overacting how 'obsessed' Brady is with winning?..... No one is interested.

Mark Wahlberg wanted to do a project that covered his life. He felt like his story/rise was kind of unique to Hollywood. So what did he do? He produced a series packed with nudity and offensive(by today's standards, no one really cared at the time) comedy,.... about a fictional actor. He knew that would be more interesting/entertaining, and only tossed in a few key elements of his own life/path.

Whalberg also did play a real life sports figure in a movie, Vince Papale. An example of the perfect sports movie subject. 1. A unique story the general public is unfamiliar with, 2. Easy to dramatize/twist life and story elements, and 3. Inspiring message or tragic end. In line with those rules would be Michael Oher and 'The Blind Side'. 

I mean c'mon dude, all Aaron Hernandez got was a documentary. The world doesn't need or want a TB12 movie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Mark Wahlberg wanted to do a project that covered his life. He felt like his story/rise was kind of unique to Hollywood. So what did he do? He produced a series packed with nudity and offensive(by today's standards, no one really cared at the time) comedy,.... about a fictional actor. He knew that would be more interesting/entertaining, and only tossed in a few key elements of his own life/path.

Stuff like Neil Patrick Harris playing "Neil Patrick Harris" in the Harold and Kumar movies or James Van Der Beek play "James Van Der Beek" on Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 is hilarious mainly because neither of those guys are anything like the fictional versions of themselves (at least, I hope not).