2021: The Offseason of Discontent

hrubes20

18 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Yea there isn't enough certainty to consider Toronto's rotations elite. Gausman has been great for the last 1.5 years but he's still a two-pitch pitcher with a long track record of inconsistency. Berrios, despite his reputation and stuff, had never been elite. Manoah can easily fall flat on his face like so many young pitchers do.

Ryu is getting up there on age and showed cracks last year while Kikuchi has never matched the peripherals with results.

It COULD be a great rotation! Post-hype guys like Pearson figure it out and become elite all the time because development isn't linear. There are better ones on paper as of now, though.

A few, sure. I never said it was the best. It is pretty damn good though. I truly feel like Alek Manoah is going to be something special. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, you give the best GM in the business an unlimited payroll what do you expect?

This.  Friedman is a terrific GM, but it's the ownership willing to blow through the LT that is making this team amazing.  

5 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Not a Steinbrenner, confirmed.  

19 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Bryant’s happy with his one ring because now he’s just chasing stats lol

18 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah I didn't expect us to sign him after the Reds trade, but at least go to a contender or a team trying to win, that is embarrassing.

The weird thing with Bryant is that there were almost no blurbs about a big market for him this offseason.  It's entirely possible that the Colorado deal blew every other offer out of the water.  In fact, I'm betting that's almost surely the case.

8 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

This.  Friedman is a terrific GM, but it's the ownership willing to blow through the LT that is making this team amazing.  

Not a Steinbrenner, confirmed.  

We had a baby George and we ridiculed him into handing the keys to soulless Hal and his bondholders bc we wanted to be "respectable."

50 years from now the Red Sox and Dodgers will be the marquee franchises while the Yanks will be that irrelevant team that won a lot a billion years ago like the Bears.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

Jon Heyman -  The extra inning 2B ghost runner is trending back toward reality for the 2022 season, sources say. Not quite decided but MLB is listening to managers who want to avoid testing arms after short spring. I consider this great news, as I do believe in ghosts.