Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Rodgers moaned all off season about the front office not doing enough for the team but when it came to Rodgers doing things for the good of the team he is found wanting. He comes across as a huge hypocrite.

Seriously. If there was a covid outbreak involving unvaccinated players it greatly increases the risk of the NFL calling off the game and giving us a loss. If vaccinated players had covid the NFL would do everything they can to push the game to monday/tuesday. Imagine if this caused us to lose our #1 seeding and our playoff home advantage.

Not only that if the game was called off because of unvaccinated outbreak I think the players also lose a paycheck. So Rodgers is being very selfish in this regard.

If a vaccinated player caught covid but was able to pass two negative tests within 48 hours he can return immediately to the team and play. Unvaccinated players has to stay away for the full 10 days.

It's clear that having the vaccine gives you a competitive advantage and Rodgers being a competitor you would've thought he took the jab. I don't understand him.

Exactly this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Well, this is a fine kettle of fish. The big question is how well MLF handles the locker room. We know he's a good x's and o's coach, but now comes a real test of how well he can manage people. If he keeps the locker room together, he's coach of the year IMHO.

Likely not his decision, but I don't let a guy in my locker room that wasn't vaccinated. Risks are too high as we are seeing now. I hope he was against that decision.

All teams potentially face this with potentially all players.  The NFL rules regarding this are mostly absurd, as they accomplish nothing, but they are the rules.  We have a young highly rated QB who likely is not fully ready for a start so let’s take a good look at him but let’s hold long term criticism.  Rodg was a little rough his first full year starting, and that was after a few years on the learnin bench.  Love will make his mistakes, it’s how he reacts and responds that will interest me most.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I don't pretend to be up to speed on NFL COVID protocols, but shouldn't the league have been fining him or sending warnings (or whatever) when Rodgers was blatantly out of compliance while talking to the media?   The fans weren't aware of Rodgers not being vaccinated, but the league clearly was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Considering their schedule compared to the likes of a team like the Bucs, no, I didn't think they'd end up with the top seed. Still, as things stand today around the midway point of the season, they are in the drivers seat there and control their own destiny. It's right there for the taking and now they find themselves down their QB for at least 1 game due to his own actions

But that’s my point, I setup a talking point that removes his actions. The generally thought is this team was going to lose and likely lose enough not to be the 1 seed, regardless.

So I don’t think, in the grand scheme of things, it hurts Green Bay and their chances this year(they had the nfc championship in GB last year and didn’t matter). And it’s likely better long term (the next 15 years)… that they get this game or 2 for Jordan.

Now does this hurt everyone’s feelings about Rodgers and his legacy and this and that. Sure everyone can debate that. Fact is no one will care come January if he leads the offense on a playoff winning drive. No one here lives with him, is his friend, etc.

Murphy got it right… he is a complicated fella. Maybe people need to apologize to Murphy because everyone gave him soooo much grief. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't pretend to be up to speed on NFL COVID protocols, but shouldn't the league have been fining him or sending warnings (or whatever) when Rodgers was blatantly out of compliance while talking to the media?   The fans weren't aware of Rodgers not being vaccinated, but the league clearly was.

The team was primarily responsible for handling it. And now we are under the league microscope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Likely not his decision, but I don't let a guy in my locker room that wasn't vaccinated. Risks are too high as we are seeing now. I hope he was against that decision.

NFLPA secured "assurances" that NFL teams were not allowed to take vaccination status into account when it came to like roster cutdowns (I guarantee they did though).  Still, the timeline for "when vaccines became widely available" wasn't such that we'd know who felt what in late April, otherwise the draft might have gone down differently.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Telling you… I bet a lot of these guys are and they don’t care or worse hiding it. If they did they would do the nba thing. If you aren’t vaccinated don’t come to the team facilities.

I'm sure the same is true for other teams but the NFL will use this PR disaster to pin the blame on us (note: they already have) and make the already predictable PR move by punishing us for being lax with our protocols.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

The team was primarily responsible for handling it. And now we are under the league microscope.

That is part of what is throwing me.  MLF says the team was following all protocols, but this was an obvious violation.