Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That is part of what is throwing me.  MLF says the team was following all protocols, but this was an obvious violation.

Probably a combination of people telling him they were, general staff-wide fatigue from the total effort of tracking it, and a bias for giving undue deference to Aaron because he's Aaron.

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't pretend to be up to speed on NFL COVID protocols, but shouldn't the league have been fining him or sending warnings (or whatever) when Rodgers was blatantly out of compliance while talking to the media?   The fans weren't aware of Rodgers not being vaccinated, but the league clearly was.

Good point. They fine players who dont tuck their jersey in........
You'd think a fine....or at least a letter of reprimand / warning would have been in order.

I've got mixed feelings on this one. 

I'm excited to see what Love offers, be it good or bad. Just to see him in a real game with other starters on offense, and to see what he has. He might have a horrible game, but then at least we know or can set our expectations. Right now that is hard to do with the unknown.

I'm less excited to see the ramifications from this - both in who else might now have to sit out due to contact/contracting and how the league is going to penalize GB for what happened. 

I'm angry with Rodgers. Sure, everyone has a choice. But there are consequences for those choices. It isn't just something that affects him, it affects his team. It really appears as if GB has gone all in for one last run with Rodgers this year (being active both pre-season and during the season in bringing in players). To turn that around and have the player you are doing (at least some) of that for not act like he is thinking of the team is a poor showing. 

From a football fan, I'm bummed not to see Rodgers vs. Mahomes. But honestly, Mahomes hasn't been good this year. So maybe this ends up being a better football game from a football purist lens?

I'm looking forward to seeing Love play.  We've seen the other rookie quarterbacks this year and the majority are having their struggles.  I expect the same out of Love so I'm expecting to see some good and some bad.  I'm expecting KC to bring the pressure with lots of blitzes to confuse him and the offensive line.  So the offensive line and backs have to be ready for blitz pickups and Love has to stay poised and find the hot receiver.  Would not be surprised to see our game plan centered on giving KC a heavy dose of the run and play action game.  Getting our receivers back will also be great as when Love played in preseason it was usually with the second string receivers.  If I were LeFleur I would look at the rest of the offense and say "this game is on you all".  You all need to execute the offense and minimize the mistakes.  When we get to the red zone, we have to be able to run the ball and take the pressure off of Love.  

If we have to lose a game, this would be a good one as its against and AFC opponent.  But hopefully, as a team we can raise the bar again and make this one memorable to watch for good reasons.  Even if we lose, I hope Love gives us something to look forward to in the future.

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't pretend to be up to speed on NFL COVID protocols, but shouldn't the league have been fining him or sending warnings (or whatever) when Rodgers was blatantly out of compliance while talking to the media?   The fans weren't aware of Rodgers not being vaccinated, but the league clearly was.

This is where I feel like they will use restraint in any form of punishment. If 12 and GB are guilty of being out of compliance, well then the whole system is guilty and it wouldn’t be out of line to bring up any other team that was not following protocols. We’ll see, they might need a scapegoat for this mess but they might just shut it down like a hot thread in a football forum and say missing the game(s) is enough. 

For the record, I am totally open to the idea that some collection of "alternative" medicine/options, when administered by an informed medical professional may be equivalently protective against Covid. 

In the same breath, some of those options may include high cost treatment. Now I don't care how rich people spend their money, BUT if he consumed medicine that is otherwise in short supply and NEEDED by others in more desperate situations, it is additionally despicable. If that is NOT the case (we have no idea currently) I don't care whatsoever and rich people can choose those routes over a free option if they want and there's no addition harm to society.

The issue is that Rodgers must operate under the umbrella of the league policies he's agreed to, so his decision to forego the option of a vaccine results in additional hardship for his team and teammates. And when THAT selfish decision is made (which is based entirely on his ego), it is infuriating. Then multiply that by his outrage this off-season regarding his perceived lack of respect is just mind-bogglingly hypocritical.

THAT is the issue. Not the overall nature of "personal choice". It is specific to his situation.

• Like 4

Well on the bright side the team will be much more careful going forward.  At least I'd hope.  Better this happens now then come playoff time.  It's always difficult when you are used to watching Rodgers and another QB has to step in.  It will be interesting to see how the line changes in this one.  Was KC -2.5.  Betting now more like -7.5.  Some of the vitriol being spewed around here is unwarranted.  I'll stand squarely behind Rodgers.  Bet the players on the team have his back too.  Adams got Covid and was Vaxxed.  Need to let it go already.  Enjoy the ride this is a special season and this is just a bump in the road.  

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

For the record, I am totally open to the idea that some collection of "alternative" medicine/options, when administered by an informed medical professional may be equivalently protective against Covid. 

In the same breath, some of those options may include high cost treatment. Now I don't care how rich people spend their money, BUT if he consumed medicine that is otherwise in short supply and NEEDED by others in more desperate situations, it is additionally despicable. If that is NOT the case (we have no idea currently) I don't care whatsoever and rich people can choose those routes over a free option if they want and there's no addition harm to society.

The issue is that Rodgers must operate under the umbrella of the league policies he's agreed to, so his decision to forego the option of a vaccine results in additional hardship for his team and teammates. And when THAT selfish decision is made (which is based entirely on his ego), it is infuriating. Then multiply that by his outrage this off-season regarding his perceived lack of respect is just mind-bogglingly hypocritical.

THAT is the issue. Not the overall nature of "personal choice". It is specific to his situation.

was there any mechanism for the packers to have told him he is not welcome back at the facility based on status?

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So Rodgers isn't mother Theresa....Really no surprise there....He was hired to throw a pigskin and win football games, not be a moral compass for the NFL...

Wait what? Given the reaction I don’t know if that’s the case… I’m pretty sure he is, I mean it has upset a lot of people.