Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

He said his piece... He is clearly polarizing, but he still is our best chance at getting a chip. I hope Love does great. Never hated the pick, but how he preforms over the next two weeks doesn't erase what we have in 12. As always I am a Packers fan. I will cheer for anyone under center for my team. That being said the keys I took away from this is he won't have to test for 90 days. Does he miss one game, or two? I guess we will see. In the end I still want 12 on the field for my professional football team to win. That is what I am focused on, along with being excited to see MLF coach without 12, and see what Love can do for his first start. As always.. Go Pack Go!

• Like 1

Just now, DWhitehurst said:

Apparently, I heard that Rodgers is allergic to certain ingredients in the vaccine. Aside from his controversial comment that he was immunized, if this allergy-factor is factually true, does this change the view of some that Rodgers being unvaccinated is selfish and reckless, putting teammates at risk? Not trying to stir things up, just wondering if that might change this view of some. Or would it not matter what increased health risks there might be for certain players--they should get the vaccine regardless for the good of the team? 

He claimed to be allergic to one of the ingredients in the mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer). He wasn't allergic to the J&J vaccine (based on his commentary). He claimed to be afraid of clotting in the J&J vaccine (an absolutely idiotic claim looking at the percentages). There's some skepticism as to whether he's actually allergic like he claimed. 

Had he actually been allergic, he could have applied for a medical exemption.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He claimed he was allergic to one of the mRNA vaccine components (Pfizer and Moderna), he still could have taken J&J but claimed to be afraid of clotting. So he likely wouldn't have been granted the medical exemption. They would have told him to suck it up and get the J&J. 

True, true...but I highly doubt the discussion would have gotten down to technical nuts and bolts.
Rather, I think the media would have accepted it and come back at a later date - at which point AR could simply point out his treatment wasnt deemed satisfactory by the NFL and he's technically unvaxxed.

All remaining discussion could have been put off / denied on grounds of personal info and off the table for discussion.

AR might be a really, really, really smart dude - but he missed this opportunity to deal with the issue and NOT come off as some lying hypocrite.

Again - presuming the allergic angle is truthful. I've no clue if it is and tend to doubt it given events.

3 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Apparently, I heard that Rodgers is allergic to certain ingredients in the vaccine. Aside from his controversial comment that he was immunized, if this allergy-factor is factually true, does this change the view of some that Rodgers being unvaccinated is selfish and reckless, putting teammates at risk? Not trying to stir things up, just wondering if that might change this view of some. Or would it not matter what increased health risks there might be for certain players--they should get the vaccine regardless for the good of the team? 

It's not factually true that he has a condition (including an allergy) considered to be medically exempt.

We know this because he filed a report with the league for alternative treatment that was rejected. And we know that league openly accepts valid medical exemptions.

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Jay Glizzy doesn't see suspensions coming. And he knows everything

Suspensions aren't really the concern at this point, it's draft picks.

Rodgers is protected from his protocol violations by the CBA NFL/NFLPA agreement that protects him on first offenses with a maximum penalty of 50k.

He could be getting another fine/punishment based on a "conduct detrimental to the league" violation based on that McAfee interview. 

• Like 1

I think we’re all missing the mark here. 

I think Aaron got COVID right now on purpose. He saw the schedule, knew Love needed the in game experience and thought KC and Sea were easy games for him. Love destroys both teams and keeps that confidence for the rest of his career and wins 7 SB titles ( one more than Tom Brady)  and it’s all because of Aaron Rodgers’ master plan ! 

9 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

No, because he, the critical thinker, then proceed to spout off some absolutely incorrect garbage regarding the J&J vaccine as his justification for not getting that one.

Also all of the rest of the interview, but you could see where it all (his arguments, etc) were going after that point.

Edited by Striker

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He was asked if he was vaccinated.

He responded, "Yes, I am immunized."

Definition of immunized: make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

"the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles"

I'll grant you the YES part. But he said immunized. Gray area - sure. But he knew the sh*t storm that was gonna happen and if I was in his place I would have done the same. Everyone on the team and in the offices knew he was not vaccinated and he followed unvaccinated protocols. Thats pretty much the long and short of it for me. The fans hate it because they care about themselves. At the end of the day if you want to fault someone for free choice - have at it. I'm long passed football is life. It's entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think we’re all missing the mark here. 

I think Aaron got COVID right now on purpose. He saw the schedule, knew Love needed the in game experience and thought KC and Sea were easy games for him. Love destroys both teams and keeps that confidence for the rest of his career and wins 7 SB titles ( one more than Tom Brady)  and it’s all because of Aaron Rodgers’ master plan ! 

They will hunt you down and find you for putting a positive spin on this Don't you dare! Aaron Rodgers must be shunned! He must be punished and he must suffer. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

True, true...but I highly doubt the discussion would have gotten down to technical nuts and bolts.
Rather, I think the media would have accepted it and come back at a later date - at which point AR could simply point out his treatment wasnt deemed satisfactory by the NFL and he's technically unvaxxed.

All remaining discussion could have been put off / denied on grounds of personal info and off the table for discussion.

AR might be a really, really, really smart dude - but he missed this opportunity to deal with the issue and NOT come off as some lying hypocrite.

Again - presuming the allergic angle is truthful. I've no clue if it is and tend to doubt it given events.

He claims to have drafted a 500 page report. I would be stunned if the NFL was actually not looking into allergy claims. They have a list of approved medical/religious exemptions. 

The concern for Rodgers was probably, the league knows everything he claims to be allergic too. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wanna know why he decided to do this prior to the game rather than wait until his next appearance on McAfee on Tuesday? All he did was create a distraction and put himself above the team (again). 

I think you answered your own question lol

• Like 3