Elden Ring

showtime

12 minutes ago, TheChad said:

That's interesting because it took me a bunch of tries to kill Margit, but I went straight from there, through Stormveil, to Godrick, and found him much easier.

But as with all of these games, different people, different playstyles, and different builds all result in different bosses being the difficult ones.

I couldn't get pass the second half go Godrick, I had to summon my brother. 

My personal opinion is that this game is so expansive that you don't need to "farm" in the conventional sense. You can just get a buttload of runes as a function of your natural progression through the game, and I think doing repetitive tasks for that really goes against the spirit of the game.

Edited by Apparition

5 hours ago, Apparition said:

My personal opinion is that this game is so expansive that you don't need to "farm" in the conventional sense. You can just get a buttload of runes as a function of your natural progression through the game, and I think doing repetitive tasks for that really goes against the spirit of the game.

Yeah I farmed a tiny bit (just these two enemies in a tower in Caelid that give about 2200 runes combined) a few times when I had a lot of souls and was close to getting to a new level, but that's all I felt was needed. Never farmed to gain entire levels. And though I never had to repeat an area many times, I still finished the game at level 145 or something. Definitely didn't feel like it was expecting any rune farming.

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

My biggest gripe with this game is enemy attacks with physical weapons (Swords and Spears) can go through walls. Its something I do not remember happening in Demon/Dark Souls. 

There have always been hitbox problems and stuff like this as far as I recall. In past games I've been able to hit enemies through obstacles with certain animations, and they've done it to me on occasion, but it did definitely feel a bit worse in this one. I'd hide behind a pillar or something and get hit anyway far too many times.

I'm on to NG+. Want to beat all the main bosses without using spirit summons. Melania is the only one I'm worried about not doing. That's going to need to be perfect. Once I realized that AOE's were a function of many of the major bosses and there were clear cues to either jump over them or roll through the initial shock, it became more maneagable. 

Love the game. The last stretch is a bit of a boss rush though. 

New patch looks to fix a lot of the issues we have been experiencing with nerfing some of the OP skills.. Pissed I spent probably 100,000 worth of runes on buying stones to upgrade my two giant smashers a day before they make all the stones much cheaper to buy....... 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, animaltested said:

My biggest gripe with this game is enemy attacks with physical weapons (Swords and Spears) can go through walls. Its something I do not remember happening in Demon/Dark Souls. 

You don't remember that Titanite Demon in the small room in Anor Londo in DS1? The one that was essentially in the way of the run back to O&S? He regularly killed players who would enter his room, aggro him, realize he was tough, attempt to leave, and get killed by his huge staff through the wall. This has always been a thing. In DS2 even, the Old Iron King's laser beam attack would hit you through anything.