Elden Ring

showtime

55 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I want to love this game, but damn I suck at it.

I've found the jump in skills kind of happens without realizing it. I spent more time on the first main boss in this game than any other FromSoft game but once that hill was climbed, it seemed to get easier dramatically. 

On 5/28/2024 at 8:34 PM, iknowcool said:

Take it slow, upgrade your gear, and don't feel bad about using spirit summons if your really struggling with bosses. 

On 5/28/2024 at 9:34 PM, iknowcool said:

Watching people play FromSoft games actually helps a ton. It's simulated repitition, because the real best and only way to get good at these games is trial and error and learning patterns.

Elden Ring lore youtube has degraded to the point where someone is looking at what is an obvious piece of cloth and claiming it is the head of a snake, and people are taking it seriously. I dunno if it's because everyone is going a little nuts waiting for the DLC to drop, or they're just huffing paint thinner, but it is embarrassing.

On 6/1/2024 at 6:19 PM, Apparition said:

Elden Ring lore youtube has degraded to the point where someone is looking at what is an obvious piece of cloth and claiming it is the head of a snake, and people are taking it seriously. I dunno if it's because everyone is going a little nuts waiting for the DLC to drop, or they're just huffing paint thinner, but it is embarrassing.

Any account(s) in particular? I take everything Vaati says as gospel lol. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Any account(s) in particular? I take everything Vaati says as gospel lol. 

Basically anything that hasn't been around for at least a year. These channels are sprouting like toadstools.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

me: I explored every corner of the map in this Elden Ring playthrough. Surely i'll be ready for the DLC
Miyazaki: Here, have a boss that's a combination of Lady Maria, Pontiff Sulyvahn and the Fume Knight

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

me: I explored every corner of the map in this Elden Ring playthrough. Surely i'll be ready for the DLC
Miyazaki: Here, have a boss that's a combination of Lady Maria, Pontiff Sulyvahn and the Fume Knight

My level 150 is getting wrecked by everything. Still enjoying it.

Edited by Jeezla

The reviews fell into mixed because a whole bunch of people apparently have never played a FromSoft DLC before. It is HARD. My first playthrough I try to beat all bosses without summons but some of them almost feel like you need a summon. The map is bigger and more detailed then I was expecting as well. Not a huge fan of any of the individual enemies as of yet but the bosses have been pretty great but extremely punishing. The speed and aggression of the bosses is like 5x what even the hardest elden ring bosses have been. I get called in as a spirit summon and half the time I can't hardly get through the fog door before the host is dead. I think they tried really hard to take out all the cheesy proc 5 damage stacking spells/ashes before killing the boss in 4 hits. There is just no time now and you have to be much more selective with your damage dealing. 

So far I have found some really cool armor sets and some cool looking weapons but it doesn't look like they are trying to do the DLC Weapons > Base game. Which is fine but the fact that they have not put in a way to buy or farm Larval Tears really dampens my ability to test out the new weapons which is a big bummer. The DLC is far too hard for me to come in with something mediocre and be able to live long.