Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

On 11/17/2021 at 5:47 AM, NYRaider said:

Did you miss the Chargers game last season?

we played them twice last season, which game are you talking about The game we lost with Mariota, or the game we won with Carr? 😀

lol everyone always says, Carrs just not a winner, then talk about the Charger game like mariota was dominate besides the point he threw a brutal pick at the end of game in FG territory lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

Hi guys! Bengals fan here! How confident do you guys feel? This feels like a massive must win for both teams 

Hmmm..... (looks at calendar, sees it is November), not feeling great about it. 

In all seriousness, no idea what we are going to get with this team. They looked great rallying around each other post Gruden. Then the Ruggs/Arnette junk happened and they've seemingly lost themselves. They don't appear to be having any fun on the field now. Kind of going through the motions. 

I guess we shall see if Bisaccia can lead them after 2 down weeks. Only thing I'm confident in is Yannik and Crosby getting after the Bengals protection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

60 routes against man per what they are charting. 

Regardless, he's the offenses best player and Carr is not getting him the ball. 

Stats like these always lack so much context.  I mean 60 routes is nothing for 9 games.  Does this mean he's seen 60 routes of man coverage out of 200+ routes? Is he considered open even if it has nothing to do with the play?  For example.  Pass rush forces Carr to roll the opposite side Waller is on and throw the ball the other direction, but Waller was "open" on the other side of the field. 

Too many unknowns.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hmmm..... (looks at calendar, sees it is November), not feeling great about it. 

In all seriousness, no idea what we are going to get with this team. They looked great rallying around each other post Gruden. Then the Ruggs/Arnette junk happened and they've seemingly lost themselves. They don't appear to be having any fun on the field now. Kind of going through the motions. 

I guess we shall see if Bisaccia can lead them after 2 down weeks. Only thing I'm confident in is Yannik and Crosby getting after the Bengals protection. 

This. We came out swinging as soon as Gruden was ousted. We felt like a team. 

Then came Ruggs and Arnette in quick succession, and we've played arguably our worst two games of the season. There hasn't seemed to be a break in getting poo shoveled at us. 

It's weird to me. Looking around the AFC, we're very much still in the absolute thick of things. Losses always suck, but it's far from over and plenty of good teams got their ish kicked in last week it seems. But we've absolutely got to rally, and fast, or we're going to snowball. I don't want to hit the panic button yet because it's just been that kind of few weeks, but man it's not easy getting excited right now as a fan. No telling how the pulse in the lockeroom is right now.

FWIW the Bengals have had the 2nd easiest strength of schedule thus far this season. They had that eye popping win against the Ravens, then flopped against the Jets before being blown out by the Browns. 

The Raiders are the better team if the team shows up to play it won't be close. If they don't shake of the bs of the past month and come out flat, the Bengals will pounce on them (pun intended).

• Like 1