17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

that title is ceo, not  sure that I would call that quaint.

And who is calling the shots? I mean, hill is on record as saying he gives jeter his recommendation and thy go from there. Why do you feel this isnt the case?

Because it’s not lol. 

Bruce Sherman is the owner. Jeter is his public face who deals with the business side of stuff. Hill and Denbo run the org with directions from above about payroll.

8 hours ago, NewAge said:

Because it’s not lol. 

Bruce Sherman is the owner. Jeter is his public face who deals with the business side of stuff. Hill and Denbo run the org with directions from above about payroll.

ok... i thought you had some actual insight. but this is purely your opinion?

16 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

Can we stop acting like Jeter is the GM?  That'd be great. :P

No thanks. It's way more fun this way.

But the more I thought about it, the more a Yelich trade is absolutely perfect for the Brewers.  Which of course means I really don't want it to happen.  

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

No thanks. It's way more fun this way.

If Yankees fans get to pretend Jeter is a great SS in spite of the overwhelming evidence, we get to pretend Jeets is running the Fish into the ground. Only fair.

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

But the more I thought about it, the more a Yelich trade is absolutely perfect for the Brewers.  Which of course means I really don't want it to happen.  

I think it depends what other moves this facilitates. If we also get Lorenzo Cain on a bargain because the market is being weird and sell high on Domingo Santana, that's awesome. If it's just a straight swap for Brinson and that's all, it feels like we're rushing to 85 wins instead of holding out for 90+.

According to Jon Morosi of MLB.com, it is "increasingly likely" that Yu Darvish will sign this week.

It's final offer time on the 31-year-old right-hander, who has been linked to the Twins, Cubs, Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, and Rangers at various points this offseason. Darvish was also said to be drawing serious interest from the Astros before they acquired Gerrit Cole from the Pirates on January 13. Darvish dropping off the market should create a domino effect for fellow free agent starters like Jake Arrieta, Alex Cobb, and Lance Lynn.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

heard now that brews have 2 new of's there going try and flip an of(Santana, Keon Broxton or Brett Phillips) for a pitcher.

I saw rumblings of either Danny Salazar or Danny Duffy.  Duffy would make sense as a MOR starter they would have under control for 4 years at a reasonable rate.  He does have injury concerns though.  Salazar is clearly the better pitcher, but he's only under control for 2 years and absolutely cannot stay healthy.  Like at all.  

Given their hole at 2B, I wonder if the Brewers REALLY wanted to go for it and try to package Merrifield with Duffy?

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I saw rumblings of either Danny Salazar or Danny Duffy.  Duffy would make sense as a MOR starter they would have under control for 4 years at a reasonable rate.  He does have injury concerns though.  Salazar is clearly the better pitcher, but he's only under control for 2 years and absolutely cannot stay healthy.  Like at all.  

Given their hole at 2B, I wonder if the Brewers REALLY wanted to go for it and try to package Merrifield with Duffy?

I think the Royals are asking for stupid heavy returns for Duffy and would for Whit too since he's on the most team friendly contract, maybe ever

Archived