17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

starting to get the feeling Hosmer is going back to kc, Moustakas is prob going take a 1 yr deal with the yanks. jd will take Boston's offer of 5 yrs 125 mil.. Curious to see where Cobb/Lynn go.. my guess is cobb to the twins and Lynn to the Phillies

Craig Mish of SiriusXM reports that the Brewers have put together a trade offer for Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich.

There's a long list of teams in the mix for Yelich, but Mish hears that the Brewers have shown "strong interest" as they look to improve upon their surprise 2017 season. And with a strong farm system, they also have the sort of prospects required to get a deal done. Yelich's contract (four years and $43.25 million) makes him an attractive option for both small and large-market teams. Nothing appears to be imminent, but the Brewers could be a legitimate suitor.

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Craig Mish of SiriusXM reports that the Brewers have put together a trade offer for Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich.

There's a long list of teams in the mix for Yelich, but Mish hears that the Brewers have shown "strong interest" as they look to improve upon their surprise 2017 season. And with a strong farm system, they also have the sort of prospects required to get a deal done. Yelich's contract (four years and $43.25 million) makes him an attractive option for both small and large-market teams. Nothing appears to be imminent, but the Brewers could be a legitimate suitor.

Jeets will accept some terrible package like Brett Phillips/Fatty Ortiz/Corey Ray (OMGZ top 5 pick!!!)

52 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

If Jeets fails with this trade too...

A guy as good/young/controllable as Yelich should produce a monster package or just not be traded. If Jeets gets taken behind the woodshed on this one then there's no excuse. 

Can we stop acting like Jeter is the GM?  That'd be great. :P

16 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jeter has a nice office and a quaint title.

He's a fall guy to gut the team and make it profitable (which, you know, you need fans to do so good luck with that), he doesn't actually get final say on any of these decisions. 

People thinking he's their Theo is cute though.

that title is ceo, not  sure that I would call that quaint.

And who is calling the shots? I mean, hill is on record as saying he gives jeter his recommendation and thy go from there. Why do you feel this isnt the case?

On 2018-01-19 at 11:30 PM, renndawg37 said:

How do you feel about the Grichuk deal? I'm not a fan. 

Don't really love it either. But I don't hate it I think it was a bit of a gamble maybe a buying a bit low on a fairly young player with team control who can play all over the OF that has power and possibly able to trade him at the deadline for a similar package if that's the route they take however his strike out rate and extremely low OBP is worrying. I'd have rather made more of a swing but this may be me up being okay or at least not awful. This could be another Colby Rasmus type of deal. 

Archived