2021-2022 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Okay okay okay. 

I need ND to hire Urban. The Jaguars the. Hire Day. And BOOM. Suddenly the Ohio State job is open. 

Make this the craziest cycle possible. 

Well, Fickell would obviously be the Ohio State pick.

I love the Kelly hire for LSU. He is actually a better hire than Riley wouldve been although as I found out Riley wasnt truly considering LSU. A homerun for LSU with Kelly. Now if Miami job becomes open then I think Kiffin could end up there and Id love both the Miami and LSU hires lol. Geaux Tigers!

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's hard to suck at LSU with all the recruiting advantages. So I'm sure Kelly will be fine. But he's not exactly Saban.

Notre dame in my opinion always has top recruiting classes without top athletes, just very level, unspectacular classes. I think LSU would open things up for him there dramatically. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Lmao. Omg it’s real. Kelly is leaving. 

Wow, Kelly has no real major ties to the South or the SEC.  Kelly seems like a great fit at Notre Dame and LSU well, the expectations might be a bit high for him, maybe he wants to try and win a title and believes at Notre Dame they cannot, either way not sure it is a great move for him or LSU.

Maybe the academic demands at Notre Dame he feels limits his ability to recruit and win big.

Notre Dame better not go after Urban Meyer, forget that dude and let him just slowly lose and get fired on Jacksonville instead.  Based on how great Marcus Freeman has been at Notre Dame he should at least get a look if this all goes down.  

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Notre dame in my opinion always has top recruiting classes without top athletes, just very level, unspectacular classes. I think LSU would open things up for him there dramatically. 

It's not like he was coaching at Duke. It's still Notre Dame. Feels a bit like Mario Cristobal in the sense that I know he's a good HC, but he doesn't strike fear in me.