2021-2022 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Ah. Honestly I think Mark would be an obvious hire for OU. Someone who already knows the SEC. And basically a legacy hire. Bob will likely help in some capacity. 

Honestly, I think that’s what Mark Stoops has been waiting for.  He’s been ready to move up from Kentucky for a couple years now.  If he doesn’t leave for OU, I don;t think he is going to leave.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, I think that’s what Mark Stoops has been waiting for.  He’s been ready to move up from Kentucky for a couple years now.  If he doesn’t leave for OU, I don;t think he is going to leave.  

It would be a good move all around. He's overachieved at Kentucky. Never coached at OU, but undoubtedly knows his way around the program by default. 

Other than that, Alex Grinch maybe, if they're looking for consistency from within? 

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It would be a good move all around. He's overachieved at Kentucky. Never coached at OU, but undoubtedly knows his way around the program by default. 

Other than that, Alex Grinch maybe, if they're looking for consistency from within? 

I thought the same thing, Alex Grinch is a up and coming coach and would be a decent hire for Oklahoma unless they want another offensive guy.  Not sure Stoops leaves Kentucky, he loves it there and has built a great program, no reason for him to leave but who knows.  

PS Lincoln Riley has benefited greatly from playing in the Big 12, not sure he gets to as many playoff appearances as he has if he is not in the Big 12.  Sure having Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts back to back to back helps but fact is Hurts kind of sucks in the pros and Mayfield is turning out to be nothing great either.  Will be interesting how he does at USC, but lucky for him the Pac-12 is arguably worse than the Big 12 at least this past year.  At least gives some attention out West because there is very little to get excited about in terms of college football out West this past year outside of Oregon and that is just because they have potentially the #1 pick on their team.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I thought the same thing, Alex Grinch is a up and coming coach and would be a decent hire for Oklahoma unless they want another offensive guy.  Not sure Stoops leaves Kentucky, he loves it there and has built a great program, no reason for him to leave but who knows.  

PS Lincoln Riley has benefited greatly from playing in the Big 12, not sure he gets to as many playoff appearances as he has if he is not in the Big 12.  Sure having Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts back to back to back helps but fact is Hurts kind of sucks in the pros and Mayfield is turning out to be nothing great either.  Will be interesting how he does at USC, but lucky for him the Pac-12 is arguably worse than the Big 12 at least this past year.  At least gives some attention out West because there is very little to get excited about in terms of college football out West this past year outside of Oregon and that is just because they have potentially the #1 pick on their team.  

The Pac12 has an identity crisis for sure. 

Oregon is supposed to be the big time, but we got spurned for FSU by the charlatan Taggart, and now may lose Cristobal to Miami (no offense to Miami). 

UW fell off fast once Petersen left. 

Oregon St is middling. 

Utah? Who knows long term. 

Stanford has a plethora of recruiting troubles. Shaw is a good coach but....

Both Arizona's are a mess. As is Colorado. And Cal, even. 

Oregon St looks decent, but they're squarely tier 2 in the conference. 

UCLA might be waking up under Chip. 

USC....now has a brighter future after holding onto Helton for way too long. 

Crazy to think not long ago that the conference had a laundry list of really good HCs and a few teams looked to be on the rise only to fall absolutely flat in no time 

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

https://twitter.com/BleacherRepor/status/1465404106835648519?s=20

Might be premature but it does seem like there is some steam that he is the lead target. 

This is going to be a wild season leading up to the ball games. Players transferring, recruits jumping all over the place, coaches switching it up. Wild times.

That link if a fake tweet account.

But BV would make a lot of sense.