Who is actually the best team in the AFC?

Bolts223

Teams that are very good on paper, but have had a couple really bad performances

Chiefs, Bills, Chargers - lack consistency, but if they get into their groove they are easily the best teams

Teams that are quite good, but fatal flaws

Ravens, Titans - Ravens defense and offensive line are going to prevent them from being the best team, despite their current record. Titans can't do it without Henry. Their passing offense isn't good enough to do it on their own. 

Teams that are good, but not great, but are consistent

Patriots - that might be good enough to be the best if nobody else figures it out. But if anyone in the first category gets their ish together, they will easily pass the Patriots

Teams that could be good, but I don't quite see them being there

Bengals, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Steelers, Browns

Who is the best? I think it will be one of the teams in the first group, although I'm not totally sure which one it will be. Probably the Chiefs. Pats are the sleeper team

• Like 1

As to the best: Colts appear to be bringing it all together and will go as far as Taylor can carry them. KC has too much talent to write off and appear to be turning a corner. Pats will be very telling over the next few weeks but that defense and O line are legit; and they are not putting Mac Jones in a position to risk making too many rookie mistakes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Still the Titans.

Would you trust Ryan Tannehill in a playoff game without Derrick Henry?

The Bills SHOULD be the best AFC team on paper, but somehow they manage to have 3 losses this year in which they've looked absolutely atrocious, so it's hard to trust them, either.

The Chiefs look like they might have figured themselves out on offense, but I still don't trust their defense one lick.

The Patriots have the hot hand at the moment, but even a very good rookie QB is still going to be a liability in January, and it remains to be seen how effective McCorkle can be in bad weather.

I honestly think that if the Chargers can continue to build on their improvement in run defense over the past couple of games, it could be them. They have the personnel to get it done. It just remains to be seen whether they can string together 3 or 4 straight wins against quality opponents. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Would you trust Ryan Tannehill in a playoff game without Derrick Henry?

The Bills SHOULD be the best AFC team on paper, but somehow they manage to have 3 losses this year in which they've looked absolutely atrocious, so it's hard to trust them, either.

The Chiefs look like they might have figured themselves out on offense, but I still don't trust their defense one lick.

The Patriots have the hot hand at the moment, but even a very good rookie QB is still going to be a liability in January, and it remains to be seen how effective McCorkle can be in bad weather.

I honestly think that if the Chargers can continue to build on their improvement in run defense over the past couple of games, it could be them. They have the personnel to get it done. It just remains to be seen whether they can string together 3 or 4 straight wins against quality opponents. 

I just think Titans have shown what they can do vs the best teams. I think they are gonna bully the Pats, i believe they play in a couple weeks if not mistaken. 

We will see. I think if Chargers beat the Broncos, they win out. Broncos oddly though scary me tho. 

Chargers are just too Herbert dependent right now.. 

37 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I just think Titans have shown what they can do vs the best teams. I think they are gonna bully the Pats, i believe they play in a couple weeks if not mistaken. 

We will see. I think if Chargers beat the Broncos, they win out. Broncos oddly though scary me tho. 

They play each other Sunday at 1pm. If they had Henry I would be more worried but they dont run the ball the same without him, I think it will be a close match personally.

If this defense is legit, it's the Chiefs.

Even though we should all hate the Patriots, I'm low key pulling for a Colts/Patriots AFCCG. Would be fascinating to assess how the teams got there post Brady and Manning.

Hot take, but I think the Bills are done. Not just this year. I think we've now seen their ceiling and without any semblance of a run game, they're going to be out in the divisional round every year.

58 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I’m less concerned about the Broncos because Herbert has already faced Fangio twice before. It also helps that he has faced a similar defense at practice every day. Chiefs are still the scary one in the division until we actually win it.