Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I just think it is ridiculous to expect a CB who is trying to either catch up or run stride for stride with a receiver AND make sure they have their heads back at the ball to somehow be able to stop on a dime when a QB under-throws it.

Even if the CB has his hands on the receiver or is hand fighting.

It definitely is a difficult situation for a CB to manage. Though, I would argue, I don't think you do see the really good CBs struggle with it. Maybe that's luck, I don't know, but I can't imagine underthrown balls like that not getting picked by a Jalen Ramsey or a Marcus Peters type.

The issue is, you make an exception for it, than that just gets abused and becomes more problematic. Like, what would the rule change be? DPI can't occur on underthrown balls? Because that gets waaaaaaaay stupider.

• Like 1

I think the NFL needs to hire someone as a DB coach consultant.

All they have tol do is show up to all 32 practice facilities and give a 1 minute speech.

If the man you are covering stops... don't tackle them. Don't grab them. Don't run into them. Don't throw them to the ground. Don't forget everything you have ever been taught about how to play football. Put up your hands and turn around to find the ball. Its really basic stuff.

If a guy dead stops from a sprint right in front of you then get your legs tangled with them while trying to avoid as much upper body contact as possible and turn around.

The announcers crying about this as if the DBs are victims is truly terrible TV.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

It definitely is a difficult situation for a CB to manage. Though, I would argue, I don't think you do see the really good CBs struggle with it. Maybe that's luck, I don't know, but I can't imagine underthrown balls like that not getting picked by a Jalen Ramsey or a Marcus Peters type.

The issue is, you make an exception for it, than that just gets abused and becomes more problematic. Like, what would the rule change be? DPI can't occur on underthrown balls? Because that gets waaaaaaaay stupider.

Oh I completely agree adding anymore ref discretion (than the already obnoxious level) is bad and would only make things worse

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I know it’s not “tradition” but it’s time to blow up and start from scratch.

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

Pretty much.

Id keep Najee, Friermuth, Claypool, Watt and MAYBE Tuitt.    Everything else can go.

I actually don't think I agree with this.. This team has too much talent to feel like a full blow up is necessary

I wouldn't part with Heyward, Minkah, or Bush

You'll have cap room and a middle-ish pick. Spend the cap on fixing the OL, and maybe grab a defensive back or two. Draft a QB and give him a "Mac Jones" type of situation. Maybe a Kenny Pickett or Desmond Ritter?

But like.. this team doesn't need to blow up. You need to improve your line and QB first and foremost, but this team is probably the easiest fix in the NFL of the (what I expect to be) non playoff teams