Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

Just now, SkippyX said:

My comment was an opinion based on analysis of their actual play and record since 2017.

I presented multiple scenarios of how they could be ranked comparatively based on the similar stats and record.

Your comment was a shot at me by cherry picking one line and including YOU as a direct attack.

Its weak from a normal poster and lame from a mod.

Your comment was more useless hating on Dak Prescott for no reason, and I'm not here for it. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He won't win you games on his own. If your team is set up to win, you could do a lot worse. 

He's sneakily top 5 in epa / play among quarterbacks since 2017. 

I've been saying forever that players like him get overlooked against sexier guys

He won't be the guy who wins you games, but with a strong roster, you can easily win with him 

Just now, Forge said:

Your comment was more useless hating on Dak Prescott for no reason, and I'm not here for it. 

Its based on QB rating and record.

Its not saying Dak is awful, just that Wentz and Dak have been similar with Dak slightly better.

The rating showed that and the possible rankings showed that.

I am just trying to point out that the Wentz hate is weak. And that to love Dak and hate Wentz is laughable.

Any other topics that mods are allowed to personally attack me about?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He won't win you games on his own. If your team is set up to win, you could do a lot worse. 

He's sneakily top 5 in epa / play among quarterbacks since 2017. 

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I think he means he isnt going to carry a team, but can win with a good team around him....so the Steelers arent s good fit right now.

Check your sarcasm detectors.

Why everyone takes things so seriously 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

What intrigue though? The Panthers have been an utter disaster on offense. 

The best "job" he did was as the "passing game coordinator" for a once in a lifetime culmination of a first round QB, 3 1st round caliber WRs (2 of whom had/are having spectacular rookie years), a 1st round RB, and several OL that were drafted day 2. If memory serves me correct, they have had 7 members of that offense drafted, and, again, as pass game coordinator, he was in charge of 4 or 5 1st or 2nd round guys, 4 of whom (Burrow, Jefferson, Chase, CEH) have proven they were 100% worthwhile while Marshall isn't a bust yet. 

Do people not realize how rare that collection of talent is? Schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc shovel multiple first round guys into the league seemingly every year, and a few of them pan out while others don't. To have 4 or 5* (depending on how one views Marshall)  from a single unit that all became among good-great players is like winning the lottery twice in a row with the exact same numbers. 

And that's really all Joe Brady ever did of note. What, in hindsight, is remotely intriguing about that?

Part of the problem is that he doesn't have a huge sample at the NFL level. His offense with Teddy was actually really good outside of the red zone last year. I think it was second in epa / play or something like that. Thats not to say that the red zone woes aren't worrying, but one issue at a time lol. 

But this year he's saddled with arguably the worst QB in football in Darnold and a QB who may be done in Cam. He put together a very respectable offense with a meh starting QB without his premiere weapon for most of the year. 

I think he'll get looks for sure...Zac Taylor got hired and didn't do a damn thing, remember

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Check your sarcasm detectors.

Why everyone takes things so seriously 

Because your comment didnt come across as sarcasm, and you gave zero indication you were being sarcastic?  

That could be it.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Any other topics that mods are allowed to personally attack me about?

lol.. what was this "personal attack" you are going on and on about?

unless I missed something it looked like pretty normal conversation to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Another unpopular opinion

This "AFC is bad and NFC has all the best teams" narrative is COMPLETELY baseless

Every team in the NFL has shown inconsistency, and on an overall basis AFC has actually outperformed the NFC

I would say this Colts - Bucs game is bearing that out. (just one example)

Dallas is one of the top NFC teams and they are 1-3 against the AFC West. (6-1 against the NFC)