Week 13 GDT: WFT (5-6) at Raiders (6-5)

NYRaider

Winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • WFT

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't disagree, but he's about all we have to go deep with Desean taking like 5 plays off for every play he's in. 

We're running a skeleton crew offense these days. Backup G's, backup RT, backup FB, backup quality RBs, backup TE (though he's decent), practice squad caliber WRs outside of Renfrow....

It sucks. 

The offense is an absolute joke at this point. At this point I'm with @Frankie2Gunz. How many of these guys legitimately start for other teams? I actually think Jacobs/Drake are good backs. Our OL is graded as bottom 5 and I'm starting to understand why. 0 holes 90% of the time. Allow constant pressure and penalties. 

On top of that, Zay doesn't start for pretty much any other NFL team. Edwards has a few flashes but our WR group is bottom 5 generously without Ruggs. Renfrow is good and obviously he's getting 100+ yards a game with Waller out. Waller hasn't been at his best this year and we missed him even more today. Carr has been inconsistent, but quite honestly, despite some shortcomings, I can't expect him to carry this bum group. I'm fine if we move on from him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we add a talented young/vet WR and he lights it up next year.

The thing is, I get that he's in year 8 or whatever, But this organization has been an absolute clown show for the last 20 years. The dysfunction isn't going to get fixed unless we miraculously bring in an elite qb.

It all starts with the owner, who I will say is probably the dumbest person in the room at any given time. If he knows what's good for him, he'll hire a president who knows what he's doing to run things. Mark has never actually achieved anything in his life. He was handed the team because his dad owned it. And it shows in the way things are run.

• Like 1

Carr is a bum just have to come to that realization. Is it all his fault? Of course not but he been starter for eight years and acts like he just doing what coaches tell he doesn’t take ownership of this team. He a poor leader, he has no touch in the red zone ( 90mph throw 7 yards from his receiver, over throws left and right). I’d rather suck for 2-3 years n rebuild n look for next qb then consistently going 7-10 or 8-9. A rookie qb can put 15 points n most games it’s just so frustrating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The offense is an absolute joke at this point. At this point I'm with @Frankie2Gunz. How many of these guys legitimately start for other teams? I actually think Jacobs/Drake are good backs. Our OL is graded as bottom 5 and I'm starting to understand why. 0 holes 90% of the time. Allow constant pressure and penalties. 

On top of that, Zay doesn't start for pretty much any other NFL team. Edwards has a few flashes but our WR group is bottom 5 generously without Ruggs. Renfrow is good and obviously he's getting 100+ yards a game with Waller out. Waller hasn't been at his best this year and we missed him even more today. Carr has been inconsistent, but quite honestly, despite some shortcomings, I can't expect him to carry this bum group. I'm fine if we move on from him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we add a talented young/vet WR and he lights it up next year.

The thing is, I get that he's in year 8 or whatever, But this organization has been an absolute clown show for the last 20 years. The dysfunction isn't going to get fixed unless we miraculously bring in an elite qb.

It all starts with the owner, who I will say is probably the dumbest person in the room at any given time. If he knows what's good for him, he'll hire a president who knows what he's doing to run things. Mark has never actually achieved anything in his life. He was handed the team because his dad owned it. And it shows in the way things are run.

Pretty much nailed it.  We all want nothing more than the Raiders to be legitimate SB contenders but the product they have put out every single year for the last 20ish years has been a complete embarrassment.  This year is no different.  As you point out we have bums all over the field but that point has been beaten to a pulp.  

The sad reality is that the Raiders are still viewed as a dysfunctional organization in and around NFL circles and it all stems from Mark Davis.   No respectable coaches want to coach here and no respectable GM wants to manage this rudderless ship that is captained by Mark Davis, a man who has earned nothing and has been handed the keys to an NFL franchise.  Mark Davis' incompetence really shined with the hiring of Gruden and the ridiculous money he threw at him. 

Davis and Gruden have set this franchise back years as we have very little talent on the roster despite multiple FA periods with a lot of cap space and have squandered every early draft pick.  It's flat out pathetic!

I am an advocate for hiring a young GM/HC combination.  Nailing the GM/HC combo is the key to turning this franchise around, without question that is the key!  The larger question is does Mark Davis have the ability to differentiate between a good or a bad HC, a good or a bad GM?  I feel like the answer is sadly no and the only way we get a fantastic GM/HC is sheer luck. 

I don't think any of us can stomach more castoff trash like Gruden, Del Rio, Bill Callahan, Mike White, Joe Bugel, Art Shell etc.  We need new blood with fresh ideas and insight as to how to assemble a SB winning roster.

I honestly wish Mark Davis would sell the franchise but I am not sure that will ever happen.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree with all this with the exception of the criticism of Mark Davis. I think he's made some daft decisions - the Gruden appointment for sure - and more specifically the power handed to him on a platter, but he's very hands off, let's the HC and GM get on with it and is a decent though naive guy. The problem I feel is we simply with Gruden and Mayock haven't added enough quality players. Gus Bradley has been taking some criticism recently but when all said and done we should have done enough to win this game, a rookie dropped an easy Interception, our WR dropped a clutch ball and our QB missed a couple throws he should make. When things don't work well we simply don't have the talent to pull it out. Only Renfrow seems to pull it out and help Carr. If Carr doesn't play superbly nobody else seems to step up and help or fill the void, that's a lack of talent IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

You're understanding my point. There were multiple plays that if things go the Raiders way, people are saying Carr had a great game. But, because they didn't, people say it's Carr's fault. I've been posting here long enough to know that fans aren't that complex to look at sports that way but--whatever.

Also, I don't think we're talking about the same Moreau play. I'm thinking of the one that was knocked away by the linebacker. I think that was a close enough play that it could of gone the other way.

Regarding Jones, that's the absolute definition of damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Carr throws it elsewhere, people say he should of thrown it deep. If he throws it deep, people say he shouldn't throw it to that player.

Yeah sorry I thought you meant the end zone target where the defender had just enough hops to knock it before it got to Moreau. It was the right decision definitely regarding the deep shot at the end it’s just when u see it’s Zay Jones it’s gross he ain’t coming down with it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's classless? Their owners actions essentially tanked our season.

For what it’s worth, I think the Ruggs situation essentially “tanked” your season. His deep speed allowed for the other WRs to feast and w/o him, those same WRs have to work harder. 

If you guys still had Ruggs, you’re probably 8-4 (beating the Giants and WFT). WR is a definite need in the offseason. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

We all knew he was bum last year yet was resigned now getting meaningful snaps. Just frustrating dude 

I mean he’s fine if we use him like we planned on it. WR5 that plays solid special teams. He shouldn’t be more than that. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’ve seen Rogers succeed without a first round wr. Brees had colston. Brady had hogan, Wes etc you give guys a chance don’t ignore them cause you feel their not ready. Carr ignored hr3 until we got rid of everyone else and forced him to throw to hr3 then all of a sudden he emerges.