Week 13 GDT: WFT (5-6) at Raiders (6-5)

NYRaider

Winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • WFT

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pretty much nailed it.  We all want nothing more than the Raiders to be legitimate SB contenders but the product they have put out every single year for the last 20ish years has been a complete embarrassment.  This year is no different.  As you point out we have bums all over the field but that point has been beaten to a pulp.  

The sad reality is that the Raiders are still viewed as a dysfunctional organization in and around NFL circles and it all stems from Mark Davis.   No respectable coaches want to coach here and no respectable GM wants to manage this rudderless ship that is captained by Mark Davis, a man who has earned nothing and has been handed the keys to an NFL franchise.  Mark Davis' incompetence really shined with the hiring of Gruden and the ridiculous money he threw at him. 

Davis and Gruden have set this franchise back years as we have very little talent on the roster despite multiple FA periods with a lot of cap space and have squandered every early draft pick.  It's flat out pathetic!

I am an advocate for hiring a young GM/HC combination.  Nailing the GM/HC combo is the key to turning this franchise around, without question that is the key!  The larger question is does Mark Davis have the ability to differentiate between a good or a bad HC, a good or a bad GM?  I feel like the answer is sadly no and the only way we get a fantastic GM/HC is sheer luck. 

I don't think any of us can stomach more castoff trash like Gruden, Del Rio, Bill Callahan, Mike White, Joe Bugel, Art Shell etc.  We need new blood with fresh ideas and insight as to how to assemble a SB winning roster.

I honestly wish Mark Davis would sell the franchise but I am not sure that will ever happen.

Heard dabo was at the game chilling with mark. People speculating dabo might be our next coach fwiw

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

For what it’s worth, I think the Ruggs situation essentially “tanked” your season. His deep speed allowed for the other WRs to feast and w/o him, those same WRs have to work harder. 

If you guys still had Ruggs, you’re probably 8-4 (beating the Giants and WFT). WR is a definite need in the offseason. 

It's not just Ruggs though. We've been terrible on 3rd down lately and Ruggs wasn't the one moving the chains on that down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

For what it’s worth, I think the Ruggs situation essentially “tanked” your season. His deep speed allowed for the other WRs to feast and w/o him, those same WRs have to work harder. 

If you guys still had Ruggs, you’re probably 8-4 (beating the Giants and WFT). WR is a definite need in the offseason. 

Thank you, an outsiders unbiased opinion.  Many posters on here want to blame this all on Carr, which is flat out ludicrous. Once again he has zero legit weapons outside of a limited slot WR and a TE.  

From day 1 I have been saying the loss of Ruggs was massive and the O would take a major step backwards.  His speed, the threat of his speed and him occupying the number 1 CB all was a factor.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thank you, an outsiders unbiased opinion.  Many posters on here want to blame this all on Carr, which is flat out ludicrous. Once again he has zero legit weapons outside of a limited slot WR and a TE.  

From day 1 I have been saying the loss of Ruggs was massive and the O would take a major step backwards.  His speed, the threat of his speed and him occupying the number 1 CB all was a factor.  

I said this in the off-season back when everybody was saying it was stupid to have drafted him. Guys like him don't grow on trees there's not gonna be a henry ruggs in this year's draft that you can kind of just bring in to replace him. 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

I mean he’s fine if we use him like we planned on it. WR5 that plays solid special teams. He shouldn’t be more than that. 

Splitting hairs he was the 4th WR (if I’m not mistaken) he was always one injury away from playing meaningful snaps. But How many teams have an all star 4th or 5th WR that can just come in replace the top WR. I miss Nelly but he cashed out totally understood 

• Like 1

Offense would have been fine if they didn't wait until the 3rd quarter to start pushing the ball downfield. It has been the same thing since the KC game. Whenever they start throwing it further, they move the ball and score. I thought they might have figure it out last week but they went back to their lateral passing throughout the first half. That hasn't worked once in 4 games. Greg Olson is a moron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve seen Rogers succeed without a first round wr. Brees had colston. Brady had hogan, Wes etc you give guys a chance don’t ignore them cause you feel their not ready. Carr ignored hr3 until we got rid of everyone else and forced him to throw to hr3 then all of a sudden he emerges. 

Haha is year 2 all of a sudden not quick enough for a player to emerge? WTH? 
Carr 'ignored' Ruggs last season because Nelly was having a career year. They played the same role. We moved on from Nelly to go with Ruggs, and Ruggs had stepped right in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Offense would have been fine if they didn't wait until the 3rd quarter to start pushing the ball downfield. It has been the same thing since the KC game. Whenever they start throwing it further, they move the ball and score. I thought they might have figure it out last week but they went back to their lateral passing throughout the first half. That hasn't worked once in 4 games. Greg Olson is a moron.

This is my biggest problem with Carr. We are 6-0 when he throws over 300 yards. It is clear what we need to be doing. Those 10-15 yard pass attempts are key. But they are non existent until game is on the line. 
Carr and Olsen are a terrible combo, now with Rich on top its even worse. Everyone way to happy being conservative.

A lot of it is on play calling, but after 8 years, Carr needs to realize and be more aggresive at the LOS with audibles. He cant blame bad play calls for being conservative (not that he actually blames that). He is just as conservative himself, and it sucks.
Our only TD drive, he moved the pocket well and threw the intermediate route and what do you know. We scored. But he refuses to do it for an entire game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

This is my biggest problem with Carr. We are 6-0 when he throws over 300 yards. It is clear what we need to be doing. Those 10-15 yard pass attempts are key. But they are non existent until game is on the line. 
Carr and Olsen are a terrible combo, now with Rich on top its even worse. Everyone way to happy being conservative.

A lot of it is on play calling, but after 8 years, Carr needs to realize and be more aggresive at the LOS with audibles. He cant blame bad play calls for being conservative (not that he actually blames that). He is just as conservative himself, and it sucks.
Our only TD drive, he moved the pocket well and threw the intermediate route and what do you know. We scored. But he refuses to do it for an entire game

Yes, Carr needs to be pushed and Olson is happy letting him throw behind the LOS (and on 3rd down too!). That will never work no matter who is playing WR, RB, TE or OL around Carr.

It's our only TD drive on this game but it's also all our TD drives in the last 4 weeks. We start taking shots downfield, we score.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Should have had time for another play if those loser refs didn't steal a few seconds from us.

That said, loss was of our own making.

Wasted opportunity against a mediocre team with a poor QB. And why we won't make the playoffs.

Playoffs would be a one and done which causes a higher draft pick. Screw the playoffs. Lose em all and get a lower pick so Mayock can reach again. This season is abust. Can't wait for it to end.

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pretty much nailed it.  We all want nothing more than the Raiders to be legitimate SB contenders but the product they have put out every single year for the last 20ish years has been a complete embarrassment.  This year is no different.  As you point out we have bums all over the field but that point has been beaten to a pulp.  

The sad reality is that the Raiders are still viewed as a dysfunctional organization in and around NFL circles and it all stems from Mark Davis.   No respectable coaches want to coach here and no respectable GM wants to manage this rudderless ship that is captained by Mark Davis, a man who has earned nothing and has been handed the keys to an NFL franchise.  Mark Davis' incompetence really shined with the hiring of Gruden and the ridiculous money he threw at him. 

Davis and Gruden have set this franchise back years as we have very little talent on the roster despite multiple FA periods with a lot of cap space and have squandered every early draft pick.  It's flat out pathetic!

I am an advocate for hiring a young GM/HC combination.  Nailing the GM/HC combo is the key to turning this franchise around, without question that is the key!  The larger question is does Mark Davis have the ability to differentiate between a good or a bad HC, a good or a bad GM?  I feel like the answer is sadly no and the only way we get a fantastic GM/HC is sheer luck. 

I don't think any of us can stomach more castoff trash like Gruden, Del Rio, Bill Callahan, Mike White, Joe Bugel, Art Shell etc.  We need new blood with fresh ideas and insight as to how to assemble a SB winning roster.

I honestly wish Mark Davis would sell the franchise but I am not sure that will ever happen.

He wouldn't have to sell the franchise if he would just leave it the **** alone and let a real football mind run this team. He should back the **** off and watch only. Won't happen though unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He wouldn't have to sell the franchise if he would just leave it the **** alone and let a real football mind run this team. He should back the **** off and watch only. Won't happen though unfortunately.

Thats what he has tried to do though no?
Reggie McKenzie was highly rated, from a lot of key Football minds,  coming from GB, and Mark gave him control of the team. - - > It didnt work.
Went all in to get Gruden - didnt work 

He just needs to find better people to give him advice on finding the real football mind. 
Mark wants to win, watch him in the booth and you can see he gets visibly upset, he just has no idea who to let run the team. Unfortunately right now it seems like he gets his info from Marcel Reece lol

• Like 1

The Raiders have to get a good talent evaluator. They have been mediocre for decade because they simply cannot draft and develop consistently. Their method of going against consensus and trying to be smarter than everyone has never worked. 

Al was doing it for years. Reggie came in and was blowing 2nd round picks on small school talents. Gruden/Mayock came in and whiffed repeatedly trying outsmart Mel Kiper. 

They need someone who understands how to construct a roster and hire the coaches to develop them. 

• Like 3