Week 13 GDT: WFT (5-6) at Raiders (6-5)

NYRaider

Winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • WFT

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have to admit I was on the Lamb train.  He was my preference but my second choice was Ruggs when talking about the three that were in the conversation at 12.  I wanted nothing to do with Jeudy and still don't.  

I wasn't sure the type of player Ruggs would turn into as I didn't study him all that much.  I understood the premise for drafting him which was his speed threat would open up the O for everyone else, I just wasn't sure he was a good player.  After we drafted him, I studied him more and saw that he had the skills to be elite.  He was still quite raw as a route runner but his speed threat was so great he commanded the attention of the D at all times even when he was honing in his route running skills.  I quickly said that if Ruggs put in the time and became an elite route runner like AB he could be in that same conversation with AB in his prime or Tyreek Hill.   

It's all a moot point now and we need to move on.  We need to go WR heavy in FA and I have seen names like Adams and Robinson thrown around on here.  I would love Adams, Robinson would be ok but only if the price is right.  Another player I would be interested in signing to a 1 year prove it deal is Devante Parker.  He's injury prone but when he is on the field he is a very good WR.  I am sure he can be sign relatively inexpensively.  I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Will Fuller too.  Another injury prone WR but he can be signed cheap and if he can stay healthy he has proven to be a decent deep threat.  

Parker still has years on his deal and Will fuller you mentioned his injuries his hamstrings are the worst since Miles Austin. Don’t know the Bucs cap but maybe Godwin wants to cash out next year. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Weren't we just criticising Carr for trusting Zay Jones too much and throwing to him too much??

I'm not really sure what the argument is apart from you really don't like Carr and he's not at the level of a prime Brees, Brady or Rodgers who are all first ballot Hall of Famers?!?!? 

He did elevate Agholor previously considered a total bust, Crabtree who had been very underwhelming in San Fran, Seth Roberts (who parlayed that into a nice contract) though so there is that..........and of course Green Bay, New England and New Orleans roster, FO and coaching situations have been eerily similar to ours these last few years 😂😂

Someone was complaining about Carr’s targets not being very good. But I don’t think they’re as bad as some make them out to be. Zay, hunter, djax, Edwards and foster is a pretty good group of targets imo

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Someone was complaining about Carr’s targets not being very good. But I don’t think they’re as bad as some make them out to be. Zay, hunter, djax, Edwards and foster is a pretty good group of targets imo

If Waller is healthy I'd agree. Waller and Renfrow can get open and are pretty consistent. Jackson can stretch the field but is not a consistent guy and plays only sporadically, Edwards struggles to separate but can make contested catches and seems to come up big at times and Jones can make the odd nice catch and run. The trouble I feel is that without Waller they are all complimentary pieces. Without Waller and Ruggs opening up the coverage a little they can't be the main centre piece on their own. They can't be relied upon individually IMO but can contribute when they are not the focus.

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr is 2nd in the league in yards, so he must have some WRs doing something right? It's the 17 TDs that are ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have to admit I was on the Lamb train.  He was my preference but my second choice was Ruggs when talking about the three that were in the conversation at 12.  I wanted nothing to do with Jeudy and still don't.  

I wasn't sure the type of player Ruggs would turn into as I didn't study him all that much.  I understood the premise for drafting him which was his speed threat would open up the O for everyone else, I just wasn't sure he was a good player.  After we drafted him, I studied him more and saw that he had the skills to be elite.  He was still quite raw as a route runner but his speed threat was so great he commanded the attention of the D at all times even when he was honing in his route running skills.  I quickly said that if Ruggs put in the time and became an elite route runner like AB he could be in that same conversation with AB in his prime or Tyreek Hill.   

It's all a moot point now and we need to move on.  We need to go WR heavy in FA and I have seen names like Adams and Robinson thrown around on here.  I would love Adams, Robinson would be ok but only if the price is right.  Another player I would be interested in signing to a 1 year prove it deal is Devante Parker.  He's injury prone but when he is on the field he is a very good WR.  I am sure he can be sign relatively inexpensively.  I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Will Fuller too.  Another injury prone WR but he can be signed cheap and if he can stay healthy he has proven to be a decent deep threat.  

Don't get me wrong I said from the very beginning lamb was who I absolutely wanted. He was my favorite player in college since his sophomore year and obviously my favorite player coming out of the draft that year. That said I am remember saying from the very beginning that we needed ruggs. when people think of a speed decoy they usually think of someone that runs like 4.3 people don't understand that 4.2 is different. There's not a whole lot of 4.2 running players that actually play receiver. He has Hands and the way he can I find the ball I just knew that he was under side so he would have to get in the weight room(which was why my expectations for him weren't very high his rookie year especially in Covid season)

Honestly I'm trying to see if we can get someone like John Ross as like a reclamation project to go along with a Devante parker or an Allen Robinson or obviously a Davante Adams.

So basically what I'm saying is we should get one of those big receivers and then sign John Ross also to a one year deal

22 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Mike Williams is younger and will be cheaper than Adams/Robinson. He's also more of a deep threat. He's not a high volume guy like those 2 but with Waller and Renfrow we don't need very high volume from the other WRs.

Would love to snag Williams from a division rival. The only thing holding him back from the elite tier is injuries and target share. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No it’s not lmao. That’s a bottom 5 group easily without Waller. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Mike Williams is younger and will be cheaper than Adams/Robinson. He's also more of a deep threat. He's not a high volume guy like those 2 but with Waller and Renfrow we don't need very high volume from the other WRs.

Just will be another year of hearing about how we don't have a number 1 wr that can get open in the redzone. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Don't get me wrong I said from the very beginning lamb was who I absolutely wanted. He was my favorite player in college since his sophomore year and obviously my favorite player coming out of the draft that year. That said I am remember saying from the very beginning that we needed ruggs. when people think of a speed decoy they usually think of someone that runs like 4.3 people don't understand that 4.2 is different. There's not a whole lot of 4.2 running players that actually play receiver. He has Hands and the way he can I find the ball I just knew that he was under side so he would have to get in the weight room(which was why my expectations for him weren't very high his rookie year especially in Covid season)

Honestly I'm trying to see if we can get someone like John Ross as like a reclamation project to go along with a Devante parker or an Allen Robinson or obviously a Davante Adams.

So basically what I'm saying is we should get one of those big receivers and then sign John Ross also to a one year deal

Parker isn’t a free agent until 2024 id take Chris Godwin and a Dj Chark 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr is 2nd in the league in yards, so he must have some WRs doing something right? It's the 17 TDs that are ridiculous. 

I think a lot of those yards though are directly thrown to Ruggs and Waller or can be attributed to some degree to Ruggs and Waller drawing coverage and opening it up for the other receivers. I feel if we get Walker back that could make a difference. Whilst I'd obviously love to see more TDs and think he should throw more I don't think his stats are ridiculous, maybe underwhelming but not ridiculous.