Week 13 GDT: WFT (5-6) at Raiders (6-5)

NYRaider

Winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • WFT

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Yes, Carr needs to be pushed and Olson is happy letting him throw behind the LOS (and on 3rd down too!). That will never work no matter who is playing WR, RB, TE or OL around Carr.

It's our only TD drive on this game but it's also all our TD drives in the last 4 weeks. We start taking shots downfield, we score.

From the presser it seems like josh is the only one on offense getting in guys faces. that’s sad cause on defense they all get in each other’s face which is even visible during the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd say coach. But fair enough.

I would too but the defense is playing very tough and aggressive.  How have we averaged under 20 a game since Gruden left?  That is with putting up 36 against Dallas.  In our 4 loses we have averaged under 15 points a game.  Carr has had 5 tds and 6 TOs in those 5 games. 

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve seen Rogers succeed without a first round wr. Brees had colston. Brady had hogan, Wes etc you give guys a chance don’t ignore them cause you feel their not ready. Carr ignored hr3 until we got rid of everyone else and forced him to throw to hr3 then all of a sudden he emerges. 

Weren't we just criticising Carr for trusting Zay Jones too much and throwing to him too much??

I'm not really sure what the argument is apart from you really don't like Carr and he's not at the level of a prime Brees, Brady or Rodgers who are all first ballot Hall of Famers?!?!? 

He did elevate Agholor previously considered a total bust, Crabtree who had been very underwhelming in San Fran, Seth Roberts (who parlayed that into a nice contract) though so there is that..........and of course Green Bay, New England and New Orleans roster, FO and coaching situations have been eerily similar to ours these last few years 😂😂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Playoffs would be a one and done which causes a higher draft pick. Screw the playoffs. Lose em all and get a lower pick so Mayock can reach again. This season is abust. Can't wait for it to end.

The trouble with that is the higher we pick in the round (closer to #1 pick) the bigger the reach we'll make. At this point, win more games, get a lower draft slot and that way the reach won't be so steep, will be cheaper as well and we'll probably pick the same kid either way if we're picking 10 or 20 😀

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Raiders have to get a good talent evaluator. They have been mediocre for decade because they simply cannot draft and develop consistently. Their method of going against consensus and trying to be smarter than everyone has never worked. 

Al was doing it for years. Reggie came in and was blowing 2nd round picks on small school talents. Gruden/Mayock came in and whiffed repeatedly trying outsmart Mel Kiper. 

They need someone who understands how to construct a roster and hire the coaches to develop them. 

Yes Sir, this exactly.

It worked when Al Davis was actually smarter than everyone else in the room - picking small school guys who were held back by prejudice and other factors and going after elite athletes with high ceilings. We need a proper power structure and good evaluators and this ship will right itself in 2 to 3 years.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:12 AM, Jeremy408 said:

I said this in the off-season back when everybody was saying it was stupid to have drafted him. Guys like him don't grow on trees there's not gonna be a henry ruggs in this year's draft that you can kind of just bring in to replace him. 

I have to admit I was on the Lamb train.  He was my preference but my second choice was Ruggs when talking about the three that were in the conversation at 12.  I wanted nothing to do with Jeudy and still don't.  

I wasn't sure the type of player Ruggs would turn into as I didn't study him all that much.  I understood the premise for drafting him which was his speed threat would open up the O for everyone else, I just wasn't sure he was a good player.  After we drafted him, I studied him more and saw that he had the skills to be elite.  He was still quite raw as a route runner but his speed threat was so great he commanded the attention of the D at all times even when he was honing in his route running skills.  I quickly said that if Ruggs put in the time and became an elite route runner like AB he could be in that same conversation with AB in his prime or Tyreek Hill.   

It's all a moot point now and we need to move on.  We need to go WR heavy in FA and I have seen names like Adams and Robinson thrown around on here.  I would love Adams, Robinson would be ok but only if the price is right.  Another player I would be interested in signing to a 1 year prove it deal is Devante Parker.  He's injury prone but when he is on the field he is a very good WR.  I am sure he can be sign relatively inexpensively.  I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Will Fuller too.  Another injury prone WR but he can be signed cheap and if he can stay healthy he has proven to be a decent deep threat.  

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

The trouble with that is the higher we pick in the round (closer to #1 pick) the bigger the reach we'll make. At this point, win more games, get a lower draft slot and that way the reach won't be so steep, will be cheaper as well and we'll probably pick the same kid either way if we're picking 10 or 20 😀

Silly me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Yes Sir, this exactly.

It worked when Al Davis was actually smarter than everyone else in the room - picking small school guys who were held back by prejudice and other factors and going after elite athletes with high ceilings. We need a proper power structure and good evaluators and this ship will right itself in 2 to 3 years.

Hope so. This ship is currently listing with MD at the wheel.

• Like 1