2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

59 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Hicks wasn't released... Goldman was.

Yes, Robinson needs to clear 15 million, which I think he is going to pretty easily.

Windy do you have a link that shows what the tiers are that factor in for salary/playing time for the comp pick formula? It’s always been sort of hush hush but you seem to have a pretty good grasp on it. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Windy do you have a link that shows what the tiers are that factor in for salary/playing time for the comp pick formula? It’s always been sort of hush hush but you seem to have a pretty good grasp on it. 

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It changes each year based on how many guys fit into the actual program.

For this season OTC has been using

3rd-14.5 million +

4th-10 million +

5th-7 million +

6th-5 million +

7th- 3 million +

There could be some shifting there by a little bit. But based on OTCs projections that would be a ball park.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I have no idea how PFF can kill him as a run blocker and ESPN can celebrate him as a run blocker.

They are watching the same film.

This is why I hate when people act like analytic numbers are factual data points.   They aren't.   

The data itself is subjective from start.   This run block on play 45 is a 2 and this run block is a 0.   

Who says and why?  Shouldn't that matter?  Why should I respect this person's evaluation? 

What are their other evaluations I can compare them to?  So I can use personal knowledge from players I follow to know if they are credible or not.   

It's all anonymous.  That play gets entered as a 2 or a 0 or whatever and that is that.   It is now fact supposedly.

Even within a company it is different humans doing it.

It is not useless as presumably someone is doing the best they can, but there are levels of credibility involved.

Not every evaluator is equal that would be impossible.

56 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is why I hate when people act like analytic numbers are factual data points.   They aren't.   

The data itself is subjective from start.   This run block on play 45 is a 2 and this run block is a 0.   

Who says and why?  Shouldn't that matter?  Why should I respect this person's evaluation? 

What are their other evaluations I can compare them to?  So I can use personal knowledge from players I follow to know if they are credible or not.   

It's all anonymous.  That play gets entered as a 2 or a 0 or whatever and that is that.   It is now fact supposedly.

Even within a company it is different humans doing it.

It is not useless as presumably someone is doing the best they can, but there are levels of credibility involved.

Not every evaluator is equal that would be impossible.

I'm giving your post a 78.9 on PFF's scale. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

PFF gave Lucas Patrick a 57.2 grade fwiw.  That article seems a bit optimistic.  And I think the contract would have been significantly bigger if those numbers were accurate.

PFF gave Roquan Smith a 46.3...I think we are good 😂

15 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Going to a 4-3 is ine thing, doing nothing to add talent around Feilds is french apparently. Glad we dumped macks salary for that 🙃

Well, I'm not of the opinion that the offense sucks...so I'm approaching the subject a little differently than he is.

Either way, the off-season is just getting started. Poles isn't done.

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

A career year in 2021?  What?  Correct me if I'm wrong but his 2018 and his 2020 were both better than 2021 I'm fairly certain.  

You don't need correcting. I have no idea how he came up with that. 

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

vy9n1r4behwa6802vnud808wo62m

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have no idea how PFF can kill him as a run blocker and ESPN can celebrate him as a run blocker.

They are watching the same film.

PFF often has a pointed agenda that they manipulate stats to support. It's really weird. The brain trust there must be a lot of ****ed up weasels...

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Ereck Flowers released

Surprising! 

Come to Chicago Ereck! Come!

48 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LB Nick Kwiatkoski released as well.

Be ironic if they signed him to replace Trevathan now.   

I'd love it if Kwiatowski came back. Also, what a wonderful inditement of Pace that would be.