2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was a 2nd round pick. We know how teams had him graded. 

Your talking about him like a top 10 pick.

Whatever. 

Edited by Heinz D.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bates visit is apparently over. Now we wait to see if he picks us.

I really hope we didn’t nickel and dime this.

I doubt we will have if we truly want him...signing an RFA is always tough and you have to overpay.

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was expecting significantly more too. I was thinking he'd get $20 mil per year even before seeing Kirk get overpaid.  

Well...that $17 mil (plus), with an enormous guarantee. Not TOO far off from your expectations...

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...that $17 mil (plus), with an enormous guarantee. Not TOO far off from your expectations...

Right. But then I just saw Kirk get a ridiculous amount and thought he was going to set the market. Watson gets $230 mil guaranteed after abyear away from football and his off-field issue, Kirk isn't a top 20 receiver and got paid top 10 AAV but a top 5 talent at LT can't get top 10 money in that same year of FA? The constant injuries concern me but still, i was sure someone was going for broke with him.

Can't figure this NFL thing out. Lol

21 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears fans would have been thrilled to get Armstead for that amount. It's not even a top 10 OL contract by guaranteed money. That's good value if he can stay healthy.

Except Bears wouldn't have got him for that amount.

People forget that the state taxes are different in Florida.

We would have had to pay a premium on that deal to get him to sign in Chicago

I'm glad we didn't sign him. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he's an injury waiting to happen 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think it is closer to 3 million. I am not sure that they expected him to get an offer sheet off of 4 starts.

Never underestimate the OL desperation in the NFL.

I was talking the difference between the RoFR and 2nd round tenders. Per OTC the RFA tenders this year are as follows: 

1st round: $5,562,000

2nd round: $3,986,000

RoFR: $2,433,000 (where Bates is)

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

That's good value if he can stay healthy.

He never can though. He has literally never played a season without missing time in 9 years. That to me was always the only concern with potentially signing him. When you get him he’s elite, but how much are you getting him? I wouldn’t have hated the signing at all had we landed him, but I certainly would have had trepidation about it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He never can though. He has literally never played a season without missing time in 9 years. That to me was always the only concern with potentially signing him. When you get him he’s elite, but how much are you getting him? I wouldn’t have hated the signing at all had we landed him, but I certainly would have had trepidation about it. 

At some point we have to add to the OL. Even if it is risky or more expensive than we want.

We already missed the boat at WR. That market is decimated and we have 2 serious WR under contract.

At some point we have to get off the wallet and sign some starters or we will need to have the greatest draft in modern history.

• Like 1