Week 15: Taking on the team without a name... or players!

Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can someone explain to me how the Eagles and Gannon have quietly amassed a Top 10 Defense?

QB's we've played:
Washed Matt Ryan
Jimmy G
Dak (Shredded us)
Mahomes (shredded us)
Sam Darnold
Tom Brady
Derek Carr (missed 3 passes)
Jared Goff
Justin Herbert (had his way with us)
Gimpy Teddy B
Some bum on the Saints
Daniel Jones
Zach Wilson
Garrett Gilbert

Numbers can lie, hell does all the time to fit Agendas and Narratives. Was just absolutely floored when they posted during the telecast we were ranked #9 overall. Just saying. Could be alot worse if we weren't running it down teams throats at will and killing clock.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Numbers can lie, hell does all the time to fit Agendas and Narratives. Was just absolutely floored when they posted we were ranked #9 overall. Just saying. Could be alot worse.

when i was checking what channel the game was on in NFL.com they had us at 5th. I nearly did a spit take trying to figure out how the hell they got to that number

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Numbers can lie, hell does all the time to fit Agendas and Narratives. Was just absolutely floored when they posted we were ranked #9 overall. Just saying. Could be alot worse.

could definitely be worse. feels like we're just a good GM and a top 12 Passing QB away.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

That’s fair. I agree, a lot of defenses (10+) probably aren’t largely shutting down bad QBs like we have been, so it can’t be completely written off… at the same time, not many Ds get shredded as badly as we have against good QBs either. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Coming into tonight we were 24th in defensive DVOA, which is the gold standard of pure box score metrics since it’s not just cherry picking 1 number, and taking SOS into account. 

I like DVOA a lot, but its not gospel. We have been closer to a bottom half defense than we are to the top defenses though. I think they've played better in the 2nd half of the year and a lot of that has to do with the QBs we faced, but I think the defense has just been reading and reacting faster lately than they were earlier in the year. Gannon has also mixed things up occasionally which has helped. Two of our 3 corners have been really good. Nelson has been pretty meh. The middle of our defense just isn't that talented. I wish Davion Taylor was healthy and continuing to get reps right now. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Jeezla said:

Honestly, if you put Aaron Rodgers on this team, added Michael Gallup and Foyesade Oluokun in FA, drafted Devin Lloyd, Daxton Hill, Roger McCreary, Jermaine Johnson, Sam Williams, and Zay Flowers- I'd feel like we had a shot to win another SB.

I don't think Rodgers would wanna play here and we aren't getting those players if we get Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think Rodgers would wanna play here and we aren't getting those players if we get Rodgers.

We trade Hurts, our 2023 1st, and Dillard. We'll even toss in Barnett. They might prefer Minshew tho.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can someone explain to me how the Eagles and Gannon have quietly amassed a Top 10 Defense?

I think they've limited the long plays and quick scores we have been accustomed to seeing. I think he's been better than people let on. Give him his type of guys and let them get some continuity and we'll see if he can recreate what Ebeflus (who was the D.C. while Gannon coached the DBs for the Colts) has been able to do with the Colts. That article does a good job of explaining that the Colts once looked like a passive, soft, cover 2 shell team and they were able to evolve and become more complex as time went on. Colts are one of the top defenses in the league now. Also, wanted to say the Eagles defense did enough to win the Tampa game. They had some stops and the offense had opportunities to at least tie that game up.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I stopped reading after he said get  Rodgers and we draft..........!

Just now, Folesadelphia said:

Eagles defense did enough to win the Tampa game. They had some stops and the offense had opportunities to at least tie that game up

Could of won TB, KC and LAC if not for penalties.  Let's be real.