Week 15: Taking on the team without a name... or players!

Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He really does. This team has played 1 capable QB in the last 7 games and people want to act like the defense has been fixed. 

that's not changing over the next 2 weeks. Dak will shred us tho. That's really all it takes. Does your O have 2 good WR's and a capable QB? You win.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

He really does. This team has played 1 capable QB in the last 7 games and people want to act like the defense has been fixed. 

Can't help who they play. The Eagles have done nothing but exceed expectations this year. The defense is playing a different scheme for the first year. Gannon hasn't even had the chance to bring players in that fit the scheme. Remember when the Eagles DBs would get cooked because they were put on islands every play? Their DBs are making more PBUs and more interceptions since before Billy Davis. I do think Gannon has played to conservative and vanilla in a few games. Though I think he's shown he's willing to adjust and the defense has been at least solid in the majority of the games they've played.

3 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Can't help who they play. The Eagles have done nothing but exceed expectations this year. The defense is playing a different scheme for the first year. Gannon hasn't even had the chance to bring players in that fit the scheme. Remember when the Eagles DBs would get cooked because they were put on islands every play? Their DBs are making more PBUs and more interceptions since before Billy Davis. I do think Gannon has played to conservative and vanilla in a few games. Though I think he's shown he's willing to adjust and the defense has been at least solid in the majority of the games they've played.

Can’t help who you play but you can help who you employ. You’re using the past as an excuse for now. Gannon ain’t it, any good QB will shred us and like @Jeezlasaid, after Dak shreds us the narrative will change back. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Can’t help who you play but you can help who you employ. You’re using the past as an excuse for now. Gannon ain’t it, any good QB will shred us and like @Jeezlasaid, after Dak shreds us the narrative will change back. 

I mean you're probably right. I'm just being optimistic that he can figure it out. I don't know* why.

Edit: Added a word

Edited by Folesadelphia

55 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This is still a mediocre team thats exceeding expectations- you have to give him some credit but Gannon has got to go. 

Would like to see what Gannon could do with more talent on defense. 

Two good DTs and corner with a bunch of overachievers and depth guys is essentially what we have on defense right now.

55 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

One last point: I know we Hate Howie here, but what he has done with aquiring OL talent on this roster can not be understated. We have the deepest OL in the league and it isn't close, and even when playing with backups at both Guard spots we have arguably a top 5 OL. A lot of other teams would kill for what we have at OL.

Credit for him pulling the trigger, but it does seem like Stout is involved in scouting those guys. Like Mailata was all Stout.

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would like to see what Gannon could do with more talent on defense. 

Two good DTs and corner with a bunch of overachievers and depth guys is essentially what we have on defense right now.

That's where I'm at with it. This article about Mat Eberflus I think gives some insight into the Eagles and how it can take time to build a really good defense.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/10/2/21497914/colts-scouting-journal-time-to-stop-calling-the-colts-a-cover-2-defense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

That's where I'm at with it. This article about Mat Eberflus I think gives some insight into the Eagles and how it can take time to build a really good defense.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/10/2/21497914/colts-scouting-journal-time-to-stop-calling-the-colts-a-cover-2-defense

Can someone explain to me how the Eagles and Gannon have quietly amassed a Top 10 Defense?

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can someone explain to me how the Eagles and Gannon have quietly amassed a Top 10 Defense?

Playing crappy QBs helps a lot. But Gannon has shown improvement for sure.

If we can get a couple young guys with talent in there, a vet or two. Think we could see a big improvement year two more in line with where people thought he’d be.

Really depends how much Howie is committed to improving the D this offseason.