Fox needs a new commentary crew

biggie.

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I find most Buck/Aikman criticism to be bandwagon nonsense. Usually boils down to him being biased against every team, being a meanie to Randy Moss 17 years ago, and pretending that he doesn't get animated enough because of David Tyree even though he's made obvious attempts to be more excitable in the last decade. This latest example is just the usual low-hanging, pearl-clutching excuse to whine about Buck to get hi-fives on social media.

I will admit Buck has made HUGE improvements in being more animated in his calls. The Minneapolis Miracle was an outstanding call.

The problem I have with him is his posch attitude.

52 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I miss the days of Gifford, Cosell, and Meredith.  Cosell would spend the night trying to tell everyone how smart he was, and Dandy Don spent the night giving Cosell a hard time in return.  After all those years, it still doesn't sound quite right for a game to end without Dandy Don singing "Turn out the lights, the party's over..." 

Gawd I hate Cosell's commentary in those old games. Gifford and Meredith were good in the booth for their era. 

13 hours ago, RUGmen said:

Michael’s/Peyton would be great.

I really like Tirico. I don’t know if anyone watches Hockey here but Tirico started doing games couple years back and my mind was blown how good he was for someone who hasn’t done the sport.

Tirico is too monotone. It’s like a PR announcement at times. No persona there. There have been a couple of memorable calls like the “Fail Mary” but literally nothing stands out.

21 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I don’t know, he just comes across as a little pompous for me. But the Jets were a ****show that year for sure.

I remember him filling in for Michaels one night during the Covid year, and he’s commented on how he “liked the direction” the NFL was going in in terms of offensive football. I mean a live game is not the place to provide commentary like that.

He’ll get to do a SB at some point but NBC needs to find a better color guy. Collinsworth has gotten a bit stale.

Edited by WheatieMan

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The man ruined calling the Cubs winning the WS after 108 effing years. It was pitiful. The longest drought in professional sports and he called it like it was a final out to a game in early June.

As a Tribe fan I wouldn’t know. It’s a miracle I didn’t break my television. I just went to my bed and laid awake until work after turning it off.

If the Packers are not playing in the early games on Sunday we watch NFL Red Zone.  That is a lot of fun.  They go from game to game live when any team is in the Red Zone.  That way you only have to tolerate the announcers in small doses.  😉

I'll admit to being fairly non-plussed as far as commentators go, if only because I find myself indifferent to those I have listened to in the past. Even the Buck/Aikman duo fails to trigger my ire.

So, I'll pose a question; what's the checklist for a good commentary team in your eyes?