Fox needs a new commentary crew

biggie.

Aikman is solid, keeps it simple.

Romo needs to work on his delivery, too much murmuring. Thought he'd correct that by now.

Nantz is way too robotic. No excitement.

Buck has good calls now and then. Quite a few, but largely hit and miss.

Tirico is terrible, way too up his own ***.

It's just a weak era for broadcasting. Al Michaels is probably still the best play by play at his age.

Not sure anyone's left that's worth mentioning, but the play by play is severely lacking. The color at least has a large pool of incoming candidates ready to come in as more players retire early.

I actually think the MNF color guys are underrated. Greise has a lot of blunders but he makes up for it with other insights. Riddick is solid.

• Like 1

Michael’s/Peyton would be great.

I really like Tirico. I don’t know if anyone watches Hockey here but Tirico started doing games couple years back and my mind was blown how good he was for someone who hasn’t done the sport.

Edited by RUGmen

5 hours ago, biggie. said:

I've never been the biggest fan of Buck/Aikman, but they were unbearable last night, especially related to the big Parham injury (the way they handled it was highly unprofessional). I muted the game and just watched it with background music.

Hearing Buck talk is just absolutely grating on the ears. He's too opinionated and has that " WELL ACKCHYUALLY!!!" aura around him. He's also primarily a baseball guy, so why is he announcing football games? I've always felt he should be on pre and post game show rather than be in the booth.

Aikman, like his evil twin Collinsworth, comes off as a snobby blowhard that doesn't know what he's talking about. Even though it was an obvious fumble even to a casual fan, Aikman honestly believed that Mahomes fumble was an incomplete pass. He's also insanely biased at times. He doesn't offer much insight and educate viewers, unlike Romo.

Idk, I'm just sick of the two; they've been doing this for SIXTEEN YEARS and I've yet to hear anyone say this team makes watching football more enjoyable.

It's kinda weird how Nantz/Romo is the perfect combo, Michaels/Collinsworth is half good (Michaels is the greatest play by play of all time imo) and Buck/Aikman just sucks all together.

If they want to be smart about it, give me Olsen and Burkhardt as the primary fox team. They've been doing Falcons games a lot this year and I LOVE hearing them call games. 

For NBC, they should just get the Manning brothers to pair with Al Michaels. That'd be a ton of fun.

4 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

What Buck said about Parham’s injury…I can’t even…

ronald mcdonald mcdonalds GIF

Just so everyone understands....cannot understate how brutal of a commentary it was.   And then for the REST of the game, they kept reporting that there was no information yet.....dudes, guy hit his head on ground with coup-contrecoup mechanism (whiplash), blacked out, was shaking, and then was able to move his hands/feet on LIVE TV.

Concussion.....but hey, let's not speculate, but talk about the temperature....m'kay.   I'm glad Parham is OK, that's the most important part, but OMG that was the low point in a VERY bad broadcast.

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Just so everyone understands....cannot understate how brutal of a commentary it was.   And then for the REST of the game, they kept reporting that there was no information yet.....dudes, guy hit his head on ground with coup-contrecoup mechanism (whiplash), blacked out, was shaking, and then was able to move his hands/feet on LIVE TV.

Concussion.....but hey, let's not speculate, but talk about the temperature....m'kay.   I'm glad Parham is OK, that's the most important part, but OMG that was the low point in a VERY bad broadcast.

Sickeningly dumb.

”we’re not going to speculate…” -

immediately speculated with a stupid stupid take. Shaking because it’s cold. Is it even cold in LA ever?! Nothing to do with smashing his head, no. How did he come up with that?

Edited by BigTrav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RUGmen said:

Michael’s/Peyton would be great.

I really like Tirico. I don’t know if anyone watches Hockey here but Tirico started doing games couple years back and my mind was blown how good he was for someone who hasn’t done the sport.

Yeah I don't how anyone can hate Tirico. Shows plenty of energy and seems like a cool guy. Criminally underrated announcer.

I find most Buck/Aikman criticism to be bandwagon nonsense. Usually boils down to him being biased against every team, being a meanie to Randy Moss 17 years ago, and pretending that he doesn't get animated enough because of David Tyree even though he's made obvious attempts to be more excitable in the last decade. This latest example is just the usual low-hanging, pearl-clutching excuse to whine about Buck to get hi-fives on social media.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I find most Buck/Aikman criticism to be bandwagon nonsense. Usually boils down to him being biased against every team, being a meanie to Randy Moss 17 years ago, and pretending that he doesn't get animated enough because of David Tyree even though he's made obvious attempts to be more excitable in the last decade. This latest example is just the usual low-hanging, pearl-clutching excuse to whine about Buck to get hi-fives on social media.

I agree. Buck probably saved his legacy with the Minneapolis miracle. The SB calls with Pats Falcons and even 49ers KC were decent. Two very compelling championship games that the broadcast helped facilitate.

Maybe Manning needs to get into the booth. I think they need a defensive guy in the booth as well as opposed to QBs only. Maybe a safety or corner like Sherman once he hangs it up. I guess Ed Reed didn’t have it in him, but a defensive genius would be nice as opposed to former offensive players.

25 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I agree. Buck probably saved his legacy with the Minneapolis miracle. The SB calls with Pats Falcons and even 49ers KC were decent. Two very compelling championship games that the broadcast helped facilitate.

Maybe Manning needs to get into the booth. I think they need a defensive guy in the booth as well as opposed to QBs only. Maybe a safety or corner like Sherman once he hangs it up. I guess Ed Reed didn’t have it in him, but a defensive genius would be nice as opposed to former offensive players.

I'd rather have a good football mind that isn't a player.  It typically feels like x-players talk too much about their careers.

I miss the days of Gifford, Cosell, and Meredith.  Cosell would spend the night trying to tell everyone how smart he was, and Dandy Don spent the night giving Cosell a hard time in return.  After all those years, it still doesn't sound quite right for a game to end without Dandy Don singing "Turn out the lights, the party's over..." 

As for Joe Buck, this is all I have to say to him:

eqdS286.jpg

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1