Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

41 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It's less about actually calling the plays and more about demonstrating a willingness to not just sit back and say, "Well, I'm good enough, you should be hiring me."  I may feel I'm deserving of a particular promotion, but if I get passed over for someone else for it, I'm going to take stock of what that person brought to the table that I didn't and look to strengthen my own game in that department to further my case for myself.  Otherwise, when promotion time comes again, prospective managers/owners would have every reason to question why I was happy to be complacent.  It reeks of entitlement.

But what does that say to him specifically that he seems to be the only person who has to go above what everyone else has to get a shot at the head coaching job? Josh McCown hasn’t even coached and it’s looking Houston just wants to give him the job eventually. 

Im all for teams passing on Bieniemy if they feel he isn’t the guy they’re looking for, I’m perfectly okay with that. If they simply said we hired the guy we felt was best for the job then cool. When the Jets were in the market my guy was Brandon Staley, I just like how he sees the game. But all those other reasons are simply excuses IMO because as I said others fit those same reasons and were still hired.

You know what’s actually funny. New coordinators are often promoted or hired to be coordinators with little to no play calling experience. The job that actually requires play calling experience is given to people with almost none and yet the job that doesn’t require it is using the lack of it against what I see as a pretty well qualified coach. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's a brilliant Super Bowl winning HC who only got fired because Carson Wentz decided to sabotage him. What team wouldn't give him that? 😂

Giving one person too much power is always going to be a concern. Teams have been hesitant to give Jim Harbaugh that same control, which is why I think it's astounding that he is the favorite to go to Miami. 

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Giving one person too much power is always going to be a concern. Teams have been hesitant to give Jim Harbaugh that same control, which is why I think it's astounding that he is the favorite to go to Miami. 

I still think that Mike McDaniel is going to Miami, though with Ross being a Michigan guy, maybe he's content to give Harbaugh whatever. 

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Any chance he’s trying to get the GM gig. Spielman’s biggest flaw was drafting QB. At least Jax has one, potentially. 

This is what I've been saying all along too.  Rick wasn't able to find a decent QB, but he was good-great on just about everything else.  We have our QB already, so Jacksonville/Spielman are a match made in heaven.  I'd love it if Spielman eventually just replaced Baalke as GM.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Someone is going to get an elite O-line coach this off season too.

“More experience in his system” is a bit oof to me, ngl.

Munchak is one of, if not THE best OL coach in football. Hard not to see that ending up being a downgrade.

39 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Josh McCown hasn’t even coached and it’s looking Houston just wants to give him the job eventually. 

Let's not associate the stupidity in Houston for the status quo, now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I still think that Mike McDaniel is going to Miami, though with Ross being a Michigan guy, maybe he's content to give Harbaugh whatever. 

I feel like Ross is waiting for the opportunity to interview Harbaugh and assess his interest in the job before he commits to another coach (McDaniel). I can't see why they would be so lackadaisical with the search otherwise. They haven't interviewed anyone in over a week and won't until the end of this week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure he was in Miami all of yesterday meeting with the Dolphins, so sounds like he'll have a second interview on thursday (technically a third if we include his zoom interview or whatever) 

Cam Wolfe is reporting McDaniel didn't interview yesterday, so that previous report was bogus

• Like 1

Just now, Emerica said:

I feel like Ross is waiting for the opportunity to interview Harbaugh and assess his interest in the job before he commits to another coach (McDaniel). I can't see why they would be so lackadaisical with the search otherwise. They haven't interviewed anyone in over a week and won't until the end of this week. 

The Senior Bowl is the main reason right now.  Kinda makes sense, the practices are just as, if not more important, than the actual game itself.