Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven't tracked everything recently so sorry if it's been said, but who's your personal pick? 

Caldwell was, but he seems to be out.

I’m cool with any of the 3 potential finalists (Byron/Eberflus/Hackett), but Byron tops it for me. All 3 seem competent/solid thankfully.

• Like 2

Just now, .Buzz said:

Caldwell was, but he seems to be out.

I’m cool with any of the 3 potential finalists (Byron/Eberflus/Hackett), but Byron tops it for me. All 3 seem competent/solid thankfully.

I really like Byron. When VT was doing their coaching search, he was my very dark horse, left field candidate I wanted. I think that'd be great for him to be back in JAX.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I really like Byron. When VT was doing their coaching search, he was my very dark horse, left field candidate I wanted. I think that'd be great for him to be back in JAX.

Completely agree.

Reportedly he wore a teal suit to the zoom interview. He had me at that tbh. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Apparently in this same article Dan Graziano says he thinks Jim Caldwell is a finalist in CHI and JAX as well. He reportedly turned down MN and Las Vegas interview requests.

Shad is keeping this search super close to the vest.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

What is it with ppl liking Leftwich ?

I just don't get it

I could be dead wrong but I feel like Leftwich is going to tank whichever team hires him as a HC

I'm not trying to hate I just honestly don't get it

He only got a coaching job in AZ because BA liked him

And in my humble opinion, he hasn't done much of anything since

I believe that all the success is solely due to BAs offense and Brady doing Goat things

I'll root for the guy to succeed I just don't see it

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

What is it with ppl liking Leftwich ?

I just don't get it

I could be dead wrong but I feel like Leftwich is going to tank whichever team hires him as a HC

I'm not trying to hate I just honestly don't get it

He only got a coaching job in AZ because BA liked him

And in my humble opinion, he hasn't done much of anything since

I believe that all the success is solely due to BAs offense and Brady doing Goat things

I'll root for the guy to succeed I just don't see it

I mean it sure seems like you need to give more reasoning besides him “following BA”. That’s how it works usually in coaching.

Hes been lauded as a leader and a personality that fits a HC to a tee. Arians has said he hasnt got involved in offensive meetings/play calling in years. He was viewed as a future coach dating back to his playing days.

He may flop/not work out, but most everything I’ve read on him suggests he is a very worthwhile/legit HC candidate and one of the brighter young offensive minds in football.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean it sure seems like you need to give more reasoning besides him “following BA”. That’s how it works usually in coaching.

Hes been lauded as a leader and a personality that fits a HC to a tee. Arians has said he hasnt got involved in offensive meetings/play calling in years. He was viewed as a future coach dating back to his playing days.

He may flop/not work out, but most everything I’ve read on him suggests he is a very worthwhile/legit HC candidate and one of the brighter young offensive minds in football.

It's just difficult to really give you anything else 

It's just how I feel from seeing things unfold throughout the last few years

Usually when ppl are interviewing,  all you will hear is all thr "good" things

When I think of one of the brighter offensive minds in today's NFL I think of Daboll, Shanahan,  McVay

imo I think Bienemy is more deserving than Leftwich, at least that offense IS creative 

The Bucs offense isn't all that creative

10 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

It's just difficult to really give you anything else 

It's just how I feel from seeing things unfold throughout the last few years

Usually when ppl are interviewing,  all you will hear is all thr "good" things

When I think of one of the brighter offensive minds in today's NFL I think of Daboll, Shanahan,  McVay

imo I think Bienemy is more deserving than Leftwich, at least that offense IS creative 

The Bucs offense isn't all that creative

But what are you seeing unfold? Are there actual examples of seeing what you’re talking about or reading?

Just confusing as to what makes you think Byron is just a figurehead of an OC and does nothing. From all the reporting coming from the team/national people around the league I’ve yet to see anything like that. A lot of young OCs come up under a bright offensive mind to help develop them/take on their philosophies. That’s why you always hear about coaching trees.