Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

41 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think Pep Hamilton is a good QB coach. A Colts fan could tell us more about him as an OC. @Blackstar12?

To be clear, that's where I see his strength.  And in a lot of ways, it makes the OC hire more suspect, since there's a LOT more to being an OC than being a QB coach.    Herbert's progress in Year 1 was just terrific mechanically.  And that's all Hamilton.  Ironically, we haven't even touched on his actual OC skills.

But if you want to have the greatest impact on Chicago's future, it's in developing Fields.    If Pep Hamilton "only" does that well for the next 2 years, it's still the greatest impact on the Bears' future.   The thing is, you can't hire Hamilton without a promotion - so OC it is.   I don't have any dynasty shares in Fields (I do on Lance after seeing this year where the tools are at), and I'm obv not a Bears fan, but if I was, I'd be hoping very much for Hamilton. 

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I for one would have been very happy with him as our GM. We need some good drafts. 😪

I always felt like hes a guy who could promote himself as a franchise starter. Goes in and acquires talent for a few years to a moribund franchise, then bails out and more of a people person can come in and keep the ship going

If his ego would allow it hed easily run any scouting department in the league

Just now, Chiefer said:

I always felt like hes a guy who could promote himself as a franchise starter. Goes in and acquires talent for a few years to a moribund franchise, then bails out and more of a people person can come in and keep the ship going

If his ego would allow it hed easily run any scouting department in the league

I would be so down. He's my #2 besides Dodds, looks like neither will happen unfortunately. Wasn't Dorsey a drunk or something too?

1 minute ago, RUGmen said:

What happened with all the Pederson talk? Has he even interviewed anywhere?

He interviewed with the Bears and the Jags I believe. There was a report he was going to interview with the Vikings, but I don't believe that ever happened. I don't think he's been linked to anything else, so I'm guessing this hiring cycle will bypass him. 

Regarding the inevitable Daboll hiring, huge kudos on that to new GM Joe Schoen. Per the NFL weird hiring rules, if the Bills were to win that game against KC before the Giants got a first interview with Daboll, the Giants wouldn't have been able to interview Daboll until after the Bills were knocked out. So Schoen got hired by the Giants then immediately interviewed Daboll and Frazier before even leaving Buffalo. That tracks with his reputation of an extremely hard working guy. Obviously Buffalo lost and it ended up not really mattering, but its the hustle that counts in this situation. 

• Like 1