Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Davis Mills looked like a guy who didn’t even belong in the CFL to start the season.   He looks like a pure backup now.    And most of the improvements  are mechanics.   Just because Mills is a limited QB doesn’t mean Pep didn’t do a good job.  Going from a 1 on 10 pt scale to a 4 (6-7 being league average) when the guy looked like a level 2-3 talent at best still gets credit.  

Agree to disagree.   

Mills had almost no snaps at Stanford. Any QB coach / OC combo will get him from a 1 to a 3 or 4.

Is this a reason that you want that guy running your offense for 5 years? Does that qualify him as the guy to make a difference?

IF we did land the Pats duo I doubt Josh wouldn't be the personnel guy. Denver sure as hell didn't help the cause giving him the keys to the franchise at that age/level of inexperience. Ziegler and him would work closely for sure but I would find it hard to believe the GM would be a complete puppet to the HC like the Gruden/Mayock situation.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IF we did land the Pats duo I doubt Josh wouldn't be the personnel guy. Denver sure as hell didn't help the cause giving him the keys to the franchise at that age/level of inexperience. Ziegler and him would work closely for sure but I would find it hard to believe the GM would be a complete puppet to the HC like the Gruden/Mayock situation.

Josh wouldn’t be the personnel guy but a HC still has to have some talent evaluation skills. You are still gonna have major input in offensive players drafted. I’m not sure Josh has talent evaluation skills. As bad as Gruden? Probably not. But his two years in Denver, and Tebow in the 1st, just yikes.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Josh would have lots of power and say on personnel but he would not be Sauron.

Lots of power and say is probably common in the NFL.

• BoB in Houston was Sauron.
  • Chip Kelly in Philly was Sauron.

Never let your coach go full Sauron.

Andy learned that lesson, let somebody else stress about the contracts and college scouting.

Reid is obviously the man still, but less a puppet master and more of lead collaborator

• Like 2

One thing on BB. He is the opposite of Sauron.

Even as a coach he always has lots of voices that he listens to like McDaniels and Ernie Adams. No one thinks Caserio had final say on draft picks in NE but I am sure that Bill listened to and respected the work he did.

Just now, Chiefer said:

Andy learned that lesson, let somebody else stress about the contracts and college scouting.

Reid is obviously the man still, but less a puppet master and more of lead collaborator

Yeah, I think part of Andy's 14 years burnout in Philly was trying to do all the things.

Part of his greatness in KC is that he learned and adapted.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Yeah, I think part of Andy's 14 years burnout in Philly was trying to do all the things.

Part of his greatness in KC is that he learned and adapted.

Small hiccup with Dorsey, but he still cant get a job. He homegrew Veach straight from college and its been working out pretty well so far. 

I Miss Dorseys drafts but the guy must have serious issues working with people.

53 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Davis Mills looked like a guy who didn’t even belong in the CFL to start the season.   He looks like a pure backup now.    And most of the improvements  are mechanics.   Just because Mills is a limited QB doesn’t mean Pep didn’t do a good job.  Going from a 1 on 10 pt scale to a 4 (6-7 being league average) when the guy looked like a level 2-3 talent at best still gets credit.  

Agree to disagree.   

I think Pep Hamilton is a good QB coach. A Colts fan could tell us more about him as an OC. @Blackstar12?

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Small hiccup with Dorsey, but he still cant get a job. He homegrew Veach straight from college and its been working out pretty well so far. 

I Miss Dorseys drafts but the guy must have serious issues working with people.

People unfortunately forget that 50% of a GM’s job is also being able to work with others well. Dorsey is like the anti-Telesco. Or rather Telesco is like the anti-Dorsey. I generally don’t have to worry about drama with him. But his personnel decisions in FA and the draft are below that of Dorsey.

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think Pep Hamilton is a good QB coach. A Colts fan could tell us more about him as an OC. @Blackstar12?

Not good as OC, though it’s hard to say how much of it was his fault. I can only speak about his time with us but he was known for stubbornness and predictability in his play-calls. Wouldn’t make necessary adjustments and stuck with elements that weren’t working in-game. Protection wasn’t good yet he’d stick with calling long-developing routes. 

Of course, he may have learned and improved since then. 

Edited by notthatbluestuff
  • Like 1