Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I thought if you were a coordinator but didn't have play calling duties, it was still considered a promotion and couldn't be blocked. But it doesn't have to involve play calling duties. 

I think that may be the one loophole so to speak they didn't close.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There is part of me that believes Josh McCown is nothing more than a false flag for Jonathan Gannon.

Locally, most fans are all on board with Brian Flores (mostly because there's a false belief that Deshaun Watson would play for Flores, but that's another story). Anyone NOT named Flores is going to be met with resistance from a fanbase who has transitioned out of anger and into either apathy or indifference (I'm right now in the indifferent boat, if we're being honest).

So, what to do in in this situation? Create a battle between two guys - one who is lukewarm to the fanbase (Gannon) and another who basically generates the fan equivalent of a dry heave (McCown). Liberally spread rumors that McCown is going to be the guy (paging John McCain, the Texans propaganda machine needs you) to get the fanbase further down the hole of dispair and suddenly... the lukewarm guy rides in on a white stallion, and the fanbase rejoices. The narrative isn't "we hired this guy over Flores, what the hell?" now, it's "we hired this guy instead of McCown, thank goodness..."

Or, the Texans organization is really that stupid and is going to hire McCown. It could go either way.

The whole Gannon is now ready for a HC gig is just really surprising. He may turn out to be a great HC, but what defense has he been involved and believe they were terrific.  Philly played hardly any good QBs, and when they did it was ugly.  No offense to Indy fans, the need to pluck from the Ballard/Reich tree is perplexing.  Their 1 playoff win as an organzation does not suggest dominance.  I guess like AZ a few years back with Wilks being 1 and done is where the Texans are facing.  Candidates who just won't have the track record of success to their resume.  As a fan, you hope it works out.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

If the Vikings hire Harbaugh, the Raiders look like total idiots

Yep. I doubt the Vikings are offering more than the Raiders would, so it doesn’t appear to be a ‘Harbaugh pricing himself out’ situation that Raiders fans had assumed was why Davis went in a different direction…

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yep. I doubt the Vikings are offering more than the Raiders would, so it doesn’t appear to be a ‘Harbaugh pricing himself out’ situation that Raiders fans had assumed was why Davis went in a different direction…

Disagree. He likely knew the Raiders would be the only team to offer him 100M. But if the Raiders don’t give him that contract, who would you choose for the same amount of money? Vikings or Raiders? Likely the Vikings.