Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Staley and LaFleur are McVay guys’ now under his “tree”? Haha.

Taylor and KOC sure I’ll give ya, but Staley and LaFleur by no means are McVay guys. 

LaFleur is debatable. You can put him under McVay, Vrabel, or Mike/Kyle Shanahan. But Staley isn't debatable. McVay is the one who gave him a shot at DC, which landed him the HC job.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LaFleur is debatable. You can put him under McVay, Vrabel, or Mike/Kyle Shanahan. But Staley isn't debatable. McVay is the one who gave him a shot at DC, which landed him the HC job.

The Lafleur case is interesting. I think I'd still put him under the Shanny tree (Mike), just because I always thought he favored a scheme more in line with that one than the McVay style, but now he's sort of in between the two. It may just be the extremes Kyle and McVay have taken their respective philosophies though. 

• Like 1

Cleaning house after the 2021 season, the Vikings could be looking to reunite Adofo-Mensah with Harbaugh, who worked alongside the new GM in San Francisco. The NFL is aware of Harbaugh's interview,  and is awaiting the formal paperwork that must be filed for all head coaching interviews. This is Harbaugh's first known interview of the 2022 hiring cycle and his most substantive connection to an NFL team since his abrupt departure from the league as 49ers head coach following the 2014 season.

The 58-year-old Harbaugh has led Michigan to a combined 61-24 record since taking the top job at his alma mater in 2015. Before that, he spent four years as the 49ers' coach, going 44-19-1 and guiding San Francisco to three NFC Championships, as well as one Super Bowl. He exited prior to the 2015 campaign due to a fracture with 49ers management. At the time, Adofo-Mensah was a director of football research and development for the 49ers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-interviewing-michigans-jim-harbaugh-for-head-coaching-vacancy-feel-hes-ready-for-nfl-return-per-report/

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Lafleur case is interesting. I think I'd still put him under the Shanny tree (Mike), just because I always thought he favored a scheme more in line with that one than the McVay style, but now he's sort of in between the two. It may just be the extremes Kyle and McVay have taken their respective philosophies though. 

My outlook when I talk of trees is more of a point of who is responsible for getting you the HC job. It's hard to say with LaFleur. But then again, a guy doesn't have to be only under one tree. McVay is clearly under both the Shanahan and Gruden trees.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Emerica said:

* According to whichever sports book he's using, which probably sets the money line based of the bets coming in, not any inside intel. 

Pretty important caveat here. 

I haven't been able to find the book with this listed. I was assuming DK or Bovada, but haven't been able to confirm. 

I wish Mike McDaniels would pass on the Dolphins job. That is not a good job. Yes I know there are only 32 of those jobs but I would wait another year then look for one. You’re being pared with a GM that’s not good. McDaniel will have zero say and this will only give Grier more power. Basically Mike McDaniels would be a puppet…. He’s to bright of a mind to be waisted in Miami 

Also that is why Harbaugh taking that job doesn’t make sense. Getting into the same situation he was in with the 49ers

Edited by agarcia34

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think the Texans are sharing their finalists... Two of three are reasonable.

So... it's Josh McCown.

This line from Josh McCown's wikipedia page is so funny to me:

On November 7, 2020, McCown was signed by the Houston Texans off the Eagles' practice squad.[289] He interviewed for the Texans' head coachposition on January 22, 2021.[290] He was released on March 1, 2021.[291]

• Like 2