Week 17 Covid List Discussion

ET80

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

With regards to LAC, I thought we need to win out and have both the Dolphins and Ravens lose one game. But the whole seeding process is complicated.

Yes, forgot about MIA lol.   But I have TEN winning (no lock obv).   It's why I keep forgetting all the conditions for other teams.

The only condition I know - DEN gets the 9-12 pick locked in (and really good chance of being top 10), if they lose out - your Chargers have everything to play for, and as long as TEN & KC have the same result this week (or TEN wins & KC loses, then even more incentive), KC must win next week vs. us to keep the 1 seed.  I also never root for my team to deliberately tank, so I'm just counting on the more talented and far-better-QB team to win here.   

So don't blow this for us, we need as good of a pick as possible to make sure we get either A-Rod or Wilson to compete with you guys & KC at the top of the AFC (not just the division, but top of AFC lol).   Given I want KC to have everything to win for next week, and I want LAC to be SUPER motivated with destiny back in their hands at 4 PM game start - we're BOTH big LAR & TEN fans in the early games this week lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yes, forgot about MIA lol.   But I have TEN winning (no lock obv).   It's why I keep forgetting all the conditions for other teams.

The only condition I know - DEN gets the 9-12 pick locked in (and really good chance of being top 10), if they lose out - your Chargers have everything to play for, and as long as TEN & KC have the same result this week (or TEN wins & KC loses, then even more incentive), KC must win next week vs. us to keep the 1 seed.  I also never root for my team to deliberately tank, so I'm just counting on the more talented and far-better-QB team to win here.   

So don't blow this for us, we need as good of a pick as possible to make sure we get either A-Rod or Wilson to compete with you guys & KC at the top of the AFC (not just the division, but top of AFC lol).   Given I want KC to have everything to win for next week, and I want LAC to be SUPER motivated with destiny back in their hands at 4 PM game start - we're BOTH big LAR & TEN fans in the early games this week lol.

I honestly hope Staley and the team showed up for this game. That Texans game scarred me lol. It was almost verbatim what happened in the first Broncos game.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I honestly hope Staley and the team showed up for this game. That Texans game scarred me lol. It was almost verbatim what happened in the first Broncos game.

That was a function of the +3 TO 1H (I count 4th down stops as TO's, since ball turns over and no loss of field position, same effect).   That led to DEN being able to sit on pass game, and lean on run game.    Same thing happened with DAL, we were +5 on that day.   Those are near-impossible numbers to overcome.  In last year alone, it's happened 37x - teams are 32-4-1.  2 of the 4 L's?   DENVER (including last week @ LV). 

If Chargers are TO-neutral or better, you've got this.  That's now a LOT more likely with all the Covid returns.  I won't lie, with Mike Williams set to miss the game, and all those players on D who needed to test negative under the old protocol (and most of them missing all week or most with practice - a huge part of this is players coming back now/tomorrow for practice, not just hoping for a Sunday AM negative test), I was really worried.   Still nothing is guaranteed, but your odds got a LOT better to avoid a bed-****ing game like last week.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

And right on cue - MASSIVE swing in the LAC-DEN game odds.   PPL who bet if you like LAC -6, take it now.  This is almost certainly not the end for DEN.

RT Anderson is a big upgrade on Bobby Massie.   Sterns is a key piece in our nickel/dime package.  And Patrick is obv important as our WR depth beyond top 3 is really thin since we lost KJ Hamler (Kendall Hinton is a great story, but no way he belongs as a top 3 starter).   

HUGE swing for LAC to get all their guys back, and we're about to lose them.  Again, as I prefer us to try hard but lose out (and that top 10-ish pick locked in to help finally fix our QB situation), I hope all the players are ok, and no young core guys get hurt.  But otherwise...yeah, this is huge for LAC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And right on cue - MASSIVE swing in the LAC-DEN game odds.   PPL who bet if you like LAC -6, take it now.  This is almost certainly not the end for DEN.

RT Anderson is a big upgrade on Bobby Massie.   Sterns is a key piece in our nickel/dime package.  And Patrick is obv important as our WR depth beyond top 3 is really thin since we lost KJ Hamler (Kendall Hinton is a great story, but no way he belongs as a top 3 starter).   

HUGE swing for LAC to get all their guys back, and we're about to lose them.  Again, as I prefer us to try hard but lose out (and that top 10-ish pick locked in to help finally fix our QB situation), I hope all the players are ok, and no young core guys get hurt.  But otherwise...yeah, this is huge for LAC.

I honestly rather face Lock than Teddy given the former’s propensity to turn the ball over. With that being said, I still remember this game 🤦‍♂️

FYI - NFL sent a memo clarifying the 5-day window starts the day after a sample was drawn.   And a player needs to be activated by Sat afternoon, but Sunday can count as Day 5.   

Basically bottom line - if your test that tests positive is done on the Tuesday or sooner, as long as there’s no fever / symptoms you can play on Sunday.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Few, if any, are going to admit or confess to symptoms if they feel well enough to play.

This has become the 5 day rule for vast majority of players and probably coaches as well.

If they have very little to no symptoms and have the shot; they should play. I like the Adam Silver approach. 

14 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If they have very little to no symptoms and have the shot; they should play. I like the Adam Silver approach. 

If situation is exactly same between two players, why add the shot requirement?  

• Like 2