Week 17 Covid List Discussion

ET80

31 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Man this season has so many twists and turns. If Carson can’t come back at least Leonard, Nelson and they other players on OL and D could that’s big.

I think you guys are in regardless at 10-7.  But it would be Braden Smith, Eric Fisher, Mark Glowinski & Quentom Nelson on the OL and ILB Leonard and S Willis on D.   That’s 10x more impactful than Wentz imo.  

You let Philip Rivers play behind 5 backups vs. the Raiders pass rush there could be a funeral next week with 12 crying orphans with the oldest asking Roger “why did you let our Daddy go to war unarmed” at the Philip Rivers (1981 - 2021) memorial service.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

That's even if you're not asymptomatic? If so, big news. Don't even care that it's Wentz, these guys that don't have symptoms shouldn't be locked out.

So the players should be asymptomatic and continue to wear a mask for the remaining 5 days. Not sure how the second part is going to work since the mask come off when they play.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

So the players should be asymptomatic and continue to wear a mask for the remaining 5 days. Not sure how the second part is going to work since the mask come off when they play.

Outdoor spread has been confirmed to be extremely low risk.  Sidelines and indoor masking only would likely be the call.  

(Don’t ask me where domes fit in 🤷‍♂️)

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think you guys are in regardless at 10-7.  But it would be Braden Smith, Eric Fisher, Mark Glowinski & Quentom Nelson on the OL and ILB Leonard and S Willis on D.   That’s 10x more impactful than Wentz imo.  

You let Philip Rivers play behind 5 backups vs. the Raiders pass rush there could be a funeral next week with 12 crying orphans with the oldest asking Roger “why did you let our Daddy go to war unarmed” at the Philip Rivers (1981 - 2021) memorial service.  

That was quick lol.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That was quick lol.

Not surprised.   The endgame next season will be even shorter if you’re vaxxed IMO.    

I mentioned this earlier today that next week was the latest timeframe for the NFL to implement the shorter timeframe.  The soaring rate of positive cases made it clear the NFL needed to do this now.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Not surprised.   The endgame next season will be even shorter if you’re vaxxed IMO.    

I mentioned this earlier today that next week was the latest timeframe for the NFL to implement the shorter timeframe.  The soaring rate of positive cases made it clear the NFL needed to do this now.  

What do you think about this?

39 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What do you think about this?

It’s how flu is treated in vaxxed health care workers - except for the 5-day window doesn’t exist.   Vaxxed, symptom-free & no fever for 24 Hours - good to go.  

I expect that’s likely to be the norm with a seasonal vaxx that’s engineered for Omicron / whatever predominates this summer for fall (and like flu, comes out annually).  For unvaxxed it will likely stay at 5 days.   It’s the final step that gets away from testing (since PCR doesn’t distinguish between live & dead virus, and it’s not sustainable).  This is the next step - doing away with the 5-day period for vaxxed ppl is the endgame (again, this is established practice in health care with the flu and vaxxed workers).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Xenos said:

Not sure how this will work. But you may get Wentz back.

As a Browns fan, classic that other teams would get this after what happened the last two weeks to them getting decimated. I’m still an angry elf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a Browns fan, classic that other teams would get this after what happened the last two weeks to them getting decimated. I’m still an angry elf.

It's really a joke but the NFL had to put something in place. They are scared to death about what's undoubtedly going to transpire come playoffs. Writing is on the wall.

They know major , game altering players will pop in the coming month and God forbid miss a chance at a NFC/AFCCG and or SB.  This helps negate some of that to an extent.  Absolutely nothing to do with safety but money.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Colts got so lucky with these changes.  Unvaccinated Wentz and Darius Leonard can come back within 5 days rather than mandatory 10.

Got lucky it occured now for all of them OL included and not two weeks from now during the 1st WC. Just have to hope JT doesn't get it.

Edited by Nabbs4u