BDL 2021 Bizzbowl Championship - #7 Berlin Blitzkrieg vs #6 Death Valley Nightmare

Whicker

2021 Bizz Bowl  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2021 at 05:00 AM

I really like Death Valley's defensive gameplan here. I think they anticipated exactly what Berlin wanted to do for the most part.

On the other side of the ball, I am going to reiterate what I said in the main thread: Death Valley needed Alvin Kamara to really carry them here with Matthew Stafford struggling to avoid turnovers. I don't think Kamara can do enough to carry the offense here given Berlin's defensive plan. I have a hard time seeing who Stafford goes to in crunch time or when he needs a first down: Kamara is getting bracketed, Edmunds is erasing Knox, and none of the receivers are go-to guys that I trust against Berlin's defensive backs. This is a game where I think a 2 RB set could have been really punishing, and not having Henry really hurts Death Valley here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue said:

I really like Death Valley's defensive gameplan here. I think they anticipated exactly what Berlin wanted to do for the most part.

On the other side of the ball, I am going to reiterate what I said in the main thread: Death Valley needed Alvin Kamara to really carry them here with Matthew Stafford struggling to avoid turnovers. I don't think Kamara can do enough to carry the offense here given Berlin's defensive plan. I have a hard time seeing who Stafford goes to in crunch time or when he needs a first down: Kamara is getting bracketed, Edmunds is erasing Knox, and none of the receivers are go-to guys that I trust against Berlin's defensive backs. This is a game where I think a 2 RB set could have been really punishing, and not having Henry really hurts Death Valley here.

Just unfortunate for DV because with Ridley bowing out so unexpectedly this offense could've been wildly unpredictable in a great way with how well a lot of this team came along. 

I agree with a lot of this except for Knox getting erased, I think he still would get his but in the end I don't think it's enough. I tried to find ways that committing two assets to Kamara would be a detriment (it's why I didn't do it) but I just don't see much of it, Rags covered his bases. 

• Like 1

I appreciate the time both teams put into their gameplan this week,      the loss has nothing to do with effort.    

In the end,   I do think DV has some success on offense even with Kamara being Berlin's main area of focus.    I also really enjoy DV's D and think they're one of the better units.     

In the end, it's a pretty balanced matchup.   Both Defenses will have wins and losses.   Though I think DV comes in with the better Defense,  I think they are matched up against the better offense.    It's a tight game,  but I don't think DV's secondary playmakers are enough to hold up in the long run.    Tough loss for DV,  but they are only a couple pieces,  whether current rosteree's or additions from being right back in this position.   Berlin by a Tiddee