Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

Now....lets not repeat "the surprising performance of an unheralded #2" we just pulled in BALT.

I feel fairly confident that won't happen.  Tyler Huntley is actually a legitimately decent backup QB.  Mannion has proven he's not.  And Huntley's mobility is what killed the Packers' D.

54 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Mannion is not bad, but getting the limited reps of a backup and having no practice all week could make him more prone to error.

What has Mannion done to suggest he should even be in the NFL?  If he wasn't a former 3rd round pick, I don't think he'd be on a roster right now.

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

How will your team handle having 3 bye weeks in a row prior to the playoffs?? lol

Hopefully the blowout happens early enough that Mond at least gets a chance to play (before he gets COVID again).

With the way our defense likes to arm tackle, Barry could put 8 in the box and Cook might still rush for 150 yards.  But I’m hoping your prognostication comes true.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Q: Is there anything in all of sports more pathetic than a vikingfan ?

A: Yes, a vikingfan going into a packer forum to roll over and pee on himself... in complete and total submission.

passive_submission.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

@SteelKing728 has always been a standup guy. That is a little uncalled for and Viking and fan are two different words FYI. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

How will your team handle having 3 bye weeks in a row prior to the playoffs?? lol

Hopefully the blowout happens early enough that Mond at least gets a chance to play (before he gets COVID again).

Let's not forget GB is pretty beat to hell right now too with injuries and COVID. Obviously the starting QB being out is a different story, but MN and other opponents aren't playing GB's A squad either. 

Maybe we should also keep in mind Detroit wasn't a bye for MN or AZ. If MN had won that game they'd be in a much different play off spot now.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Let's not forget GB is pretty beat to hell right now too with injuries and COVID. Obviously the starting QB being out is a different story, but MN and other opponents aren't playing GB's A squad either. 

See, now this is the type of good ol’ midwestern self deprecation I’m here for.

Welp, no way my team could possibly beat your team with a backup QB. 

Sure, but ya know our run D has been a sieve all season, couldn’t expect giving up less  than 150 on the ground. 

It could go on like this for days.

All good natured banter aside, GB is at home and knows what’s at stake. We need to take whatever punch they’ve got, and then completely and efficiently crush them. No need to be overconfident, just that it’s time to flip the switch and whoever the opponent is needs to get our all out best. This may be our best chance in a while to get to top of the mountain. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He's not good either. Frankly, I'd rather face him than a guy like Mond who can move around more. We just saw Huntley tear us up with his legs. I want a slow white guy at QB this week.

If Zimmer goes with Mond, he's playing a big kid who can run well. But he's a rookie, and I'm certain he's never played in cold like he's going to experience Sunday night in Green Bay. I'd look for him to put that hard football on the ground.

That written, I think Zimmer goes with Mannion because he's got experience in NFL games.