Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I hear you . It’s been kinda rough in the MLF era. 

Regardless, I would love to have home field locked up after this week.

Wouldn't we all.  Don't get your hopes up.  Dallas is going to  smoke AZ.  Got them at home.  Philly might have a shot next week.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not too sure about that one. That’s the way it’s trending but Zona has a shot 

I am intrigued by how that front will do against Murray. They don't strike me as the restrained gap sound rushing bunch, they go from 0 to 60 pretty fast, and Murray could just run right by that. I would imagine Parsons is used as a spy to some degree, but that might take him out of the game to some extent as well.

Cousins testing positive is the least surprising news ever. I guess the only surprise is he lasted this long before it happening. Honestly can't believe the Vikes are really gonna have Mannion start instead of Mond. Not worried about either, but Mond is at least an athlete who can do some damage with his legs and evade pressure. Mannion is a statue.

Happy New Year, Packer fans!  😀. How about a 5-game winning streak...  I know, I know, one game at a time.... 

Hope the offense can work and sustain scoring drives this week.  Would be fun to put together a full game offensively, including scoring TD's in both first and fourth quarters. 

• Like 4

SI -  Cook has beaten up on the Packers at every turn. In six career games, he’s rushed for 520 yards (5.0 average) and seven touchdowns and added 15 receptions for 226 yards (15.1 average) and two more touchdowns. That equates to per-game averages of 124.3 yards and 1.5 touchdowns. In his last game in Green Bay, he rushed 20 times for 163 yards and three touchdowns and caught two passes for 63 yards and one touchdown. That’s 229 yards and four scores. Minnesota won 28-22 with Kirk Cousins needing to throw only 14 passes.

Joe Barry:  “This group has taken pride in defending the run and stopping the run. As a whole, we’ve really played the run well this year. But I want to make sure that everyone understands that we understand the urgency in every aspect of football. Right now, we’ve got to play the run better, there’s no doubt about it.”

Edited by Leader

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

SI -  Cook has beaten up on the Packers at every turn. In six career games, he’s rushed for 520 yards (5.0 average) and seven touchdowns and added 15 receptions for 226 yards (15.1 average) and two more touchdowns. That equates to per-game averages of 124.3 yards and 1.5 touchdowns. In his last game in Green Bay, he rushed 20 times for 163 yards and three touchdowns and caught two passes for 63 yards and one touchdown. That’s 229 yards and four scores. Minnesota won 28-22 with Kirk Cousins needing to throw only 14 passes.

Joe Barry:  “This group has taken pride in defending the run and stopping the run. As a whole, we’ve really played the run well this year. But I want to make sure that everyone understands that we understand the urgency in every aspect of football. Right now, we’ve got to play the run better, there’s no doubt about it.”

Well, let’s hope Barry and crew remember this tomorrow.  Thankfully, members of this forum aren’t taking tomorrow’s game lightly.  In other forums, it’s all but a forgone conclusion that GB will smoke Minny tomorrow.  It’s still the freaking NFL and Minny has plenty of weapons on offense they can beat a cocky, distracted team with.

Technically, GB should win decisively.  What’s also possible is a very tight game, and predictably, some fans and pundits will call into question whether this team has stones to go deep into the playoffs.

Me - I don’t care how they win tomorrow or by how much.  A win gives them three weeks to rest starters, get some guys healthy, and prepare for their first contest.  But they can’t let Cook run all over them and give a backup QB a career day.