BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

How dare people with cap space place a higher bid for whatever reason at whatever time! New rule proposal for next year, you have 1 hour to outbid then its locked for 23 hours until the day is up and then the player gets added to rosters. Could this screw over owners who aren't able to get online immediately? Doesn't matter, they have an hour if they really value that player. Of course, when bids come in at 58 or 59 minutes, we will then propose to cut it down to half an hour the next season.

God forbid owners wait to see what bids are still standing before making another bid before an agreed upon deadline.

Youre right.

Edited by wwhickok

Everything that I just said has become irrelevant anyway because according to @bcb1213  Who is apparently experiencing issues with the site every single bid  That has been made since the shark tank started started is being extended delete 24 hours from right now.

@Ragnarok @Pickle Rick @MD4L @Whicker @rackcs @Blue @EaglesPeteC @RedGold @RuskieTitan @PR @Scoundrel @RTTRUTH @SirA1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Also with all due respect if you valued him as much as you claim you do it would not have taken you nearly 24 hours to bid on him again

I know you’re not talking to me specifically but I’ve got a few hours at the end of my day blocked out for Shark Tank. I am trying to not spend too much time thinking about or doing BDL stuff as that’s part of how I got burned out before. If I take 23 hours to bid then sorry not sorry 

53 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I know you’re not talking to me specifically but I’ve got a few hours at the end of my day blocked out for Shark Tank. I am trying to not spend too much time thinking about or doing BDL stuff as that’s part of how I got burned out before. If I take 23 hours to bid then sorry not sorry 

Nah youre good

Edited by wwhickok

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It would be different roski if it wasn't the individual who was literally talking about this exact thing last night. And the same owner that doesn't every single year.

I completely get what you're saying I doBut when it is every single year is nit is not a coincidence.

Is anyway we can move on it's whatever

I would definitely do it a few people for laughs and giggles. You aren’t on that list.

Also, I actually stopped doing that regularly bc it has been hostile conversations in the aftermath. I know who makes it rewarding to do and you’re literally the worst owner of all to get at the last minute.

OK a friend is letting me use her phone at work 

We have two options 

1.  Continue as is but if anyone claims they haven't been able to use the site or log in,  I have no choice but to belive them based on my own experiences.  That would cause a possible restart of the whole tank 

Or 

2.   We extend the time period for all bids,  previous and current to 48 hours and hope webby fixes whatever the issue is 

Please weigh in.   Someone please tag everyone. 

I can currently not use the forum on pc or my own cellular device.  Have cleared cookies,  cache,  logged out and tried different browsers so idk what the hell is going on.  Works on this iPhone tho 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I am genuinely talking to one person and 1 person only. Had it been any other person I wouldn't have cared but but the problem is that we were literally talking about this last night and he acted like it with something he doesn't even do anymore and then did it to multiple people this morning. Had it not been for that conversation last night I probably wouldn't have said anything I was surprised he hadn't bid on chark already

Again, I definitely still would do it. Doing it to you purposely would result in conflict and that isn’t my style.

@EaglesPeteC has called me out. It was an appropriate response for what I did. It has a personal feel here and that’s not fun or cool to do in a community environment like this.

48 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Again, I definitely still would do it. Doing it to you purposely would result in conflict and that isn’t my style.

@EaglesPeteC has called me out. It was an appropriate response for what I did. It has a personal feel here and that’s not fun or cool to do in a community environment like this.

It's fine 

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

OK a friend is letting me use her phone at work 

We have two options 

1.  Continue as is but if anyone claims they haven't been able to use the site or log in,  I have no choice but to belive them based on my own experiences.  That would cause a possible restart of the whole tank 

Or 

2.   We extend the time period for all bids,  previous and current to 48 hours and hope webby fixes whatever the issue is 

Please weigh in.   Someone please tag everyone. 

I can currently not use the forum on pc or my own cellular device.  Have cleared cookies,  cache,  logged out and tried different browsers so idk what the hell is going on.  Works on this iPhone tho 

Webby isn’t going to fix it I’ll role with whatever y’all decide. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Nothing personal, I just wish pain upon you and everyone you’ve ever loved 

• Like 1