Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown removes jersey and shirt, storms off field mid game; Officially Released

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Very odd. No matter what the cause was, AB is clearly in the wrong for leaving mid game, but strange there’s no straight story.

I suspect there is more to this story but the Bucs don't want to air dirty laundry...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Apparently brown needed 55 yards, 8 catches and 1 TD to get a million dollar incentive. If TB we’re keeping him on a pitch count to save the money, I can see that setting him off.

But this wouldn't have been his last game to reach these incentives.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, when do you think the Antonio Brown vs Jake Paul fight will happen?

Jake Paul would send Antonio Brown to another dimension. I think you got the wrong brother.

Darkhorse theory: Brown fights Logan Paul, not Jake Paul, under the condition he gets to fight Mayweather if he wins. If AB is smart (lol), he reaches out to the lesser known Paul brother and starts hyping his 2nd career fight before his 1st has even happened. Better long play than fighting JP.

If you want a shot at Mayweather, for some reason you have to go through the easier fighter first. It makes sense in New Age Boxing. Don’t think about it.

Then…. Logan Paul KOs AB in the 5th round. Cause why not? 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

You've gotta think that's a money maker for Brown and Paul...

Logan Paul vs Antonio Brown could get a similar amount of hype I think… hell half the people that hear about it might not even realize there’s two different Paul brothers. 

Plus it’s setting up a Mayweather fight, almost by default.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kramxel said:

I really think if you look back at his history, you can pretty easily pinpoint where his behavior went from 8 to 80. Yeah he had problems in college, and yes he was probably not the most sound person around, but as many have pointed out, that Burfict hit, really looks like a turning point. 

Tomlin deserves a lot of credit for putting him in check (and hidding a ton of stuff), through his career in Pitt. 

But like I said, this is one of the most clear cases for brain injuries and behavior alteration, I've seen in the NFL. 

Perhaps AB wasn't this unstable earlier in his career?

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But this wouldn't have been his last game to reach these incentives.

Tom Brady made sure Antonio Brown hit his receptions incentive for $250,000 last year too. Calling easy toss and catch plays targeting Brown, getting him 3 more catches in the last 3 minutes of a blowout.

Based on that history and how close AB was to getting that money, I have no doubt that if he was a good teammate and good human, Brady would’ve been in Arians ear making sure AB got his incentives once again. 

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Then there was the whole getting a full scholarship to FSU, then not getting the needed grades to get into FSU, the going to JUCO, getting his grades up, getting a full scholarship to FIU, only to lose it after getting into a fight with a security guard on campus...

Those who are blaming the Burfict hit don't understand... AB has ALWAYS been a malcontent, it's just more noticeable now that he's a known name in the NFL. Back when he was struggling to get into college, these issues were still happening, they just weren't immediately known to the public.

AB may also be the poster child for what happens when because of his athletic abilities unstable young men are forgiven for being a malcontent and are given several second chances over the years.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

AB may also be the poster child for what happens when because of his athletic abilities unstable young men are forgiven for being a malcontent and are given several second chances over the years.

This 100%. 

AB has always gotten his way or faced minimal fall out for his antics. 

What has he ever actually felt in terms of punishment? 

He followed a college path many other guys have to follow, many of whom aren't malcontents. 

He got paid a boatload of money for being fast and athletic, despite being a horrible teammate. 

Sure, he left millions on the table, which a normal, rational person wouldn't do, but he still has millions. I don't know your personal finances, or anyone here's for that matter, but I've never had a few million in the bank and couldn't fathom leaving X-millions on the table in favor of acting out. But if someone is hellbent on being an idiot, and they already have millions, what's a few getting left around? It's hardly a punishment. He still goes home to a mansion, and if he has any modicum of sense, he's beyond set for life. If he doesn't have a lick of sense (more likely), he'd blow through his money in a few years whether he had 20, 50, or 100 million stashed away. 

Classic example of someone never losing out on anything that actually hits home, because he can run fast and catch a football. 

49 minutes ago, Dome said:

Jake Paul would send Antonio Brown to another dimension. I think you got the wrong brother.

Darkhorse theory: Brown fights Logan Paul, not Jake Paul, under the condition he gets to fight Mayweather if he wins. If AB is smart (lol), he reaches out to the lesser known Paul brother and starts hyping his 2nd career fight before his 1st has even happened. Better long play than fighting JP.

If you want a shot at Mayweather, for some reason you have to go through the easier fighter first. It makes sense in New Age Boxing. Don’t think about it.

Then…. Logan Paul KOs AB in the 5th round. Cause why not? 

Logan Paul vs Antonio Brown could get a similar amount of hype I think… hell half the people that hear about it might not even realize there’s two different Paul brothers. 

Plus it’s setting up a Mayweather fight, almost by default.

Logan already fought Mayweather though (exhibition) and it was a snoozefest. Logan vs. AB would be fun though.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Logan already fought Mayweather though (exhibition) and it was a snoozefest. Logan vs. AB would be fun though.

Well, yes that was why my theory is what it is... AB challenging Logan (on the presumption AB wins) would be setting up a Mayweather fight. 

"You couldn't beat Mayweather, but I beat you so I should get a shot."

It's not about setting up a good fight, it's about setting up a hyped fight. A snoozefest is fine, they already made their money.

Edited by Dome

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

Well, yes that was why my theory is what it is... AB challenging Logan (on the presumption AB wins) would be setting up a Mayweather fight. 

"You couldn't beat Mayweather, but I beat you so I should get a shot."

It's not about setting up a good fight, it's about setting up a hyped fight. A snoozefest is fine, they already made their money.

Ahh I see.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I would say he has narcissistic and immaturity issues....Throw in paranoia and having trouble trusting people.... 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Well good to see Twitter hasn't lost their sense of humor here.

(On a serious note, can't help but think he's never been the same since Burfict, either).

Brown's been a ****head since he was 17. The Steelers were just good about keeping the dirty laundry from the media. Walk into any bar in Pittsburgh and the fans have a "Antonio Brown being insane" story that will blow your mind. 

• Like 1