Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown removes jersey and shirt, storms off field mid game; Officially Released

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

$ changed him. 

There's mental instability, and then there's just being an ***. 

He's not mentally stable, but he's very much an ***. 

Imo, he doesn't act bizarre or erratic, he just acts like someone with "f*** you" money who doesn't care. 

Good luck in retirement, AB, you won't be missed. 

malignant narcissism is still a mental illness

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apparition said:

malignant narcissism is still a mental illness

And when he's diagnosed as such, I might feel some semblance of sorrow for the guy. 

But if I had a dollar for every client I've ever heard claim mental illness to explain their actions away, I'd be retired at 31.  

Being mentally ill doesn't exempt one from accountability. If you're diagnosed, you have a duty to keep it under control. The world doesn't, nor should it, stop to pamper those who refuse to get help, especially those with the means and platform to do so in ways many legitimately ill people lack. 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

He doesn't get nearly as much hate as should. T.O. was pretty much crucified while not being half as bad. 

A big differentiator is that TO is just an a hole and everyone knows it. AB if you look at his history clearly has deep seated issues and probably some mental imbalances that require serious professional help. AB's behavior is worse, but I think he has legitimate problems. TO was just selfish and could have controlled himself.

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Really shows what’s important to these NFL teams doesn’t it. Or at least the Bucs anyways.

It's a credibility thing. The Steelers, Raiders and Bucs both put up with a ton of **** behind the scenes with AB. But they released him when he very publicly spit in their face and showed zero respect and the guys at the top could not maintain credibility while also keeping him around after that. 

If Arians keeps him around, then he's pretty much a leaguewide joke and the Bucs front office is a joke. It also makes the players look awful for having to share a lockerroom with a dude who quit on them mid game and made a spectable. People will accept a talented person being a screw up if they can keep it out of the pursuit of the goal at hand. People cannot accept the talented screw up directly slapping them in the face and ruining the whole reason you have them there. Talent will get you forgiveness, but there are lines for people that just can't be crossed. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Then there was the whole getting a full scholarship to FSU, then not getting the needed grades to get into FSU, the going to JUCO, getting his grades up, getting a full scholarship to FIU, only to lose it after getting into a fight with a security guard on campus...

Those who are blaming the Burfict hit don't understand... AB has ALWAYS been a malcontent, it's just more noticeable now that he's a known name in the NFL. Back when he was struggling to get into college, these issues were still happening, they just weren't immediately known to the public.

I'm sure it escalates when you go from Antonio to AB. You think you have even more right to not show restraint.

• Like 1

I want to say good job for finally putting his foot down, but Bruce Arians should have cut ties with Brown a long while ago, if not even signing him in the first place. I'm guessing Brady was in his ear or whatever, and they did win the Super Bowl, but at the same time you'd want the head coach to come off more than just a figurehead, and that's what it seemed like what was happening from the outside. At least from an average yahoo like myself. 

Sucks that someone with that much talent is even that much more of an intolerable menace. This has to be the final nail in the coffin for the nutty odyssey that has been Antonio Brown. Like someone else conveyed, his insidious and enigmatic antics make Terrell Owens look like Fred Rogers. Hard to think of anyone else that has had more second opportunities, and burned more bridges in that manner, than him. Also, Tom Brady now looks like a huge dimwit for personally vouching for Antonio's character. Maybe the guy needs mental help, or is just a dirtbag. Better for the league though if he's out of the picture. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

Ryan Clark predicted this trouble when Brown signed his 2nd contract.  His teammates knew he had some issues and also great talent. 

It has been reported by many that Charles Haley was a total ***hole to his teammates and in the locker room.  His talent get him 5 SB rings in his career.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/267708/not-enough-people-seem-to-remember-hof-de-charles-haley-was-a-madman-and-used-to-jerk-off-in-team-meetings

Edited by jebrick

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I got a kick out of all the weird stories in that link they sprinkled in that Nate Newton hid a Snickers in his uni, like "THE HORROR!!!" 😅😅😅

• Like 1