Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown removes jersey and shirt, storms off field mid game; Officially Released

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You know? Two of my biggest dreams in life were to be a superstar pro athlete and to quit my job in the most unprofessional way possible. And he’s managed to do both. In a way, maybe he’s the least crazy of us all.

this was not the most unprofessional way possible, that award goes to aaron hernandez

4 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

He doesn't get nearly as much hate as should. T.O. was pretty much crucified while not being half as bad. 

The difference was Brown is so bad teammates aren't really on his side in terms of there being any locker room rift. There will be guys that like and have compassion for him but it doesn't become a team problem (other than Ben and in Pitt). Owens on the other hand always had about half the team with him and half the team against him so it was a bigger team problem. I don't say this to criticize T.O., I'm a big fan of his and frankly think he was right more than wrong when these issues were occuring. If anything this is a criticism of how off Brown is and how the media are more about story than "morality"

3 hours ago, 43M said:

but I dont think it has CAUSED this behavior, I just think it has AMPLIFIED it.

Yup.  I think it made it easier for certain instabilities that already existed and tendencies/vices that he had been better equipped to internally check prior to the headshot(s) to go from being in the background to driving the damn car.  For example, I don't think he's necessarily a paranoid person, but he's certainly presented as such on a number of occasions since that playoff game.  And people who stood to gain (usually financially) from it were fine with chalking it up to him just not being someone who was easy to give trust - without ever considering why that was (inability or unwillingness to trust is typically a learned behavior brought about by past stressors, it's not typically innate in people - tend to be more primal).  In short, he's regressed emotionally and that's presenting to folks as regressing mentally because his receptors aren't processing in a healthy way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Apparently brown needed 55 yards, 8 catches and 1 TD to get a million dollar incentive. If TB we’re keeping him on a pitch count to save the money, I can see that setting him off.

It was clear from his time in Oakland that he didn’t care about money.  

3 hours ago, typecast said:

Especially with the Bucs sideline reporter reporting otherwise as it was happening.

Are those really contradictory? The first tweet Arians said he he told him to get out, that sounds like a benching. I don't think those tweets are neceassrily at odds

• Like 1