Is Cameron Jordan a HOFer?

sammymvpknight

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Steve Jordan was a 6 time Pro Bowl tight end for the Vikings, doing most of his work in the 1980s. 

Steve was the best TE in the history of the franchise.  Not HOF caliber, but very good regardless.   

screen-shot-2019-06-12-at-104538-am.jpg&

As for Cam, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it into the HOF.  He has been a terrific player for what seems like a long, long time.  He has had a very good career.

Edited by Uncle Buck

I think that his stats would look even more impressive if 1) he wasn’t a run defending first player, and 2) if his prime wasn’t on among the worst defenses of all-time where he was seriously the only good defender. Not accounted for? He has the second highest double team rate in the league this year, and he has always been doubled. So that is objectively false. 

Crazy how loaded the 2011 class was with defensive ends, and the Buccs took one in the first and second and got Adrian Clayborn and Daquan Bowers. They could have had Cam Jordan and Justin Houston (the next two taken after each).

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that his stats would look even more impressive if 1) he wasn’t a run defending first player, and 2) if his prime wasn’t on among the worst defenses of all-time where he was seriously the only good defender. Not accounted for? He has the second highest double team rate in the league this year, and he has always been doubled. So that is objectively false. 

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1478761137898409986/photo/1

Not even true and even then, not winning at a rate close to the other guys being double more or as much as him.

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1478761137898409986/photo/1

Not even true and even then, not winning at a rate close to the other guys being double more or as much as him.

Lol. Your chart confirmed my point that he’s still draws a ton of attention and that argument was objectively false. So thanks. Next time you try to incorporate charts…make sure it works to your favor

Edited by sammymvpknight

8 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Did he troll you on Twitter?

Nope. He has one first team all pro in his career at this point. Not a fan of the HOF including good players who played a long time, I think it should be reserved for truly great players. He's had a good, long career.. That's not HOF worthy to me.

2 minutes ago, braylon said:

Nope. He has one first team all pro in his career at this point. Not a fan of the HOF including good players who played a long time, I think it should be reserved for truly great players. He's had a good, long career.. That's not HOF worthy to me.

His career isn't over yet

put it this way.. these are the DL who were drafted in his immediate era.. let's call that 2010-2012. I'll label these as his "contemporaries"

• JJ Watt (2011) - 5 AP - 102 Sacks
  • Ndamukong Suh (2010) - 3 AP - 70.5 Sacks
  • Cameron Heyward (2011) - 2 AP - 67 Sacks
  • Chandler Jones (2012) - 2 AP - 106.5 Sacks
  • Fletcher Cox (2012) - 1 AP - 58 Sacks
  • Cameron Jordan (2011) - 1 AP - 106 Sacks
  • Geno Atkins (2010) - 2 AP - 75.5 Sacks
  • Gerald McCoy (2010) - 1 AP - 59.5 Sacks
  • Robert Quinn (2011) - 1 AP - 100.5 Sacks
  • Jason Pierre-Paul (2010) - 1 AP - 91.5 Sacks
  • Carlos Dunlap (2010)
  • Everson Griffin (2010)
  • Ryan Kerrigan (2011)

This is how I order them as far as HoF worthiness. Maybe a little bit of wiggle room on a couple of them.. but the point is, from this VERY tight window of draftees, how many can reasonably make the HoF, and which spot do you have Cameron Jordan on the list?

Maybe I have him too low, idk, but I just have trouble seeing him selected over several of the others. By the time some of the other guys get selected ahead of him and he starts to rise on the ballots, then the big wave of guys drafted in 16-17 like Donald, Chris Jones, maybe Buckner, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, Bosa's start to retire and enter the mix

Like yeah, he has an All-Pro under his belt (maybe gets a 2nd one somewhere), 100+ sacks, and generally an excellent lineman.. It's not even that "he's not good enough", it's more that "there are too many guys ahead of him" (unless of course, your list of the above is much different than mine)

MAYBE if he ends on a real heater and then retires before his contemporaries, then he can get in before they are eligible.. but idk, its a tough one for me to say "yes" to

On 1/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Steve Jordan was a 6 time Pro Bowl tight end for the Vikings, doing most of his work in the 1980s. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:46 PM, Forge said:

Holy crap, I vaguely recall steve jordan in the early 90s. 

I never knew Cam Jordan came from a football family. Learn something new every day. 

I realize that crapping on the Browns has been popular (not undeservedly to be fair), but the whole "LOLLLL the Browns tried to draft Cameron Jordan after he'd been drafted, LOLLLLLL" story was always overblown.

That year the Browns drafted Jordan Cameron (TE) (who they tried to call) and on the roster and phone number sheet/big board, they called Cameron, Jordan and someone missed the comma. Throw in his bloodlines of having a TE father, it's a very understandable mistake.

Oh, btw, that incompetent pick was a Pro Bowl TE for the Browns before he had a career ending head injury.